PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Skydome Image likes to disappear

crimlaw
March 21st, 2009, 01:35 AM
I have set a background image for my skydome that should appear when I bring up the desktop cube or when I unfold the cube. However, sometimes, when I restart my computer, or randomly, the image disappears. When I go into the compiz settings, the image path still appears in the Skydome settings, but the image will not reappear until I go through the steps as if I am setting another image.

I am running 8.10. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

guzz46
April 3rd, 2009, 02:30 AM
I have the same problem, everytime i restart my pc the skydrome picture is not there but the path for it is still there in compiz settings manager, to re-enable it i have to untick/tick the render skydome box but i would prefer not to do that every time i start my pc.
i might try reinstalling compiz settings manager to see if that works.

blazemore
April 3rd, 2009, 09:43 AM
Is your skydome image on an ntfs partition? Maybe Compiz is trying to load the image before the ntfs partition is mounted. Try moving it to somewhere in your root partition, and having Compiz read it from there.

guzz46
April 3rd, 2009, 10:09 PM
well its fixed now, i tried re-installing compiz but had problems with it not starting on boot so i did a complete system re-installation and everything is fine now