PDA

View Full Version : Streetview

So Tough
March 20th, 2009, 10:49 PM
360 degree footage of streets in the uk has come to google maps, i am very impressed.

It only covers a limited number of cities but does anyone know if more will be done as time goes by?

lisati
March 20th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Don't know about the UK but most of the places I've lived have pictures available. It will probably happen.

MikeTheC
March 20th, 2009, 11:31 PM
It's still hit-and-miss here in the 'States, but many of the places of interest to me have street view photos. Most cool.

super.rad
March 20th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Yeah hasn't come to where I live yet. Found my old house in Cardiff though

So Tough
March 20th, 2009, 11:35 PM
It's still hit-and-miss here in the 'States, but many of the places of interest to me have street view photos. Most cool.

Yeh, i spent too long looking at the states, mostly New York, you could do the hip hop tour without leaving your house

Helios1276
March 21st, 2009, 01:03 AM
Can't wait for that giant free Google tv we are all gonna get in our living rooms with the big talking head on it;)

Giant Speck
March 21st, 2009, 01:06 AM
I'm waiting to hear "RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE PRIVACY VIOLATION RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!"

Chemical Imbalance
March 21st, 2009, 01:08 AM
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE PRIVACY VIOLATION RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

(couldn't resist)

Sub101
March 21st, 2009, 01:09 AM
I live in quite a small town in England and, although its not on there yet, about a year ago on of the Google cars was driving around town. So I wouldn't be surprised if they have more footage, just not released it yet.

And for what its worth, I think the whole thing is great.

pwnst*r
March 21st, 2009, 01:13 AM
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE PRIVACY VIOLATION RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

(couldn't resist)

lulz

Helios1276
March 21st, 2009, 01:35 AM
And for what its worth, I think the whole thing is great.

Famous last words? lol

yabbadabbadont
March 21st, 2009, 01:44 AM
Over at Gentoo's Off The Wall forum, there is a link to a streetview image from the UK of the back of a guy while he is taking a leak onto the grass of a park from the sidewalk. Just the kind of thing for which streetview was intended... :lol:

Edit: http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-748199-highlight-.html

NOTE: that is a link to the forum thread, NOT the google.uk link to the image described.