PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] True Downloader in Ubuntu

ayonkhan
March 20th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Can I install True Downloader (Download Manager) in Ubuntu using Wine? If it is possible then how to do it?

kestrel1
March 20th, 2009, 09:46 PM
I wouldn't bother. Use D4X (Downloader 4 X) instead.
sudo apt-get install d4x

ayonkhan
March 20th, 2009, 10:33 PM
I am using Download 4 X. But facing problem with its resume function. That's why I am interested to switch some other download manager.

kestrel1
March 20th, 2009, 10:35 PM
What are the issues that you have with the resume function?

Mark Phelps
March 21st, 2009, 09:47 PM
Can I install True Downloader (Download Manager) in Ubuntu using Wine? If it is possible then how to do it?

Suggest you check CodeWeaver's application database to answer that question. Link is below:

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&sTitle=Browse%20Applications&sOrderBy=appName&bAscending=true

ayonkhan
March 23rd, 2009, 07:01 PM
What are the issues that you have with the resume function?

When I restart my PC I found the D4X download list blank no paused download available for resume. I faced this problem several times.

kestrel1
March 23rd, 2009, 07:08 PM
Must admit, I had come across that one myself. I think if you stop the download before turning off it stays in the list, but I can't swear to that. Not had time to look for a solution yet.
However, if you add the download back to the list, it does continue from where it left off as the part downloaded files are still on the machine.