PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu SE

liamnixon
March 18th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Ubuntu Satanic Edition. Tell me that's not hilarious!

http://ubuntusatanic.org/

I'm tempted to try it. :P

Edit by bapoumba: the picture in the link may hurt some eyes.

Kareeser
March 18th, 2009, 09:33 PM
sweeeeeet.

Flimm
March 18th, 2009, 10:07 PM
I read it as "Ubuntu Second Edition".
What on earth?

t0p
March 18th, 2009, 10:36 PM
I'm tempted to try it. :P

Don't! I installed it, for a laugh. Then I got bored and followed the uninstall instructions. Except it won't go away completely. You know after you've logged in, a graphic comes up with text telling you it's loading metacity and other stuff? I dunno what it's called, sorry. Anyway, that graphic is still the Satanic one, even though I followed the uninstall instructions ever so carefully!

My computer is possessed!

Eisenwinter
March 18th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Don't! I installed it, for a laugh. Then I got bored and followed the uninstall instructions. Except it won't go away completely. You know after you've logged in, a graphic comes up with text telling you it's loading metacity and other stuff? I dunno what it's called, sorry. Anyway, that graphic is still the Satanic one, even though I followed the uninstall instructions ever so carefully!

I guess you didn't actually uninstall it.

Just install another opeating system over it, and it'll go away.

parker13
March 18th, 2009, 10:55 PM

You have two options, to go back to a standard Ubuntu gnome splash, run:

gconftool-2 --set /apps/gnome-session/options/splash_image -t str /usr/share/pixmaps/splash/ubuntu-edgy-smooth.png

There are other pixmaps in the /usr/share/pixmaps/splash directory to choose from.

To get rid of the gnome splash altogether, use:

gconftool-2 --set /apps/gnome-session/options/show_splash_screen --type bool false

I'm sorry, I didn't realise this was a problem with the uninstall instructions. I'll update them.

Thanks for the feedback.

liamnixon
March 19th, 2009, 05:31 AM

I was kidding, anyway. I haven't used Ubuntu in a while, but I plan on checking out Jaunty when it comes out (or maybe sooner).

Giant Speck
March 19th, 2009, 05:33 AM
WARNING: There are a couple nude pictures on that website.

liamnixon
March 19th, 2009, 05:35 AM
You're right. I should have put a warning there!

t0p
March 19th, 2009, 10:31 AM

Warning? Sounds more to me like an advertisement...

t0p
March 19th, 2009, 10:33 AM
I'm sorry, I didn't realise this was a problem with the uninstall instructions. I'll update them.

Thanks for the feedback.

And thanks for the tips.

pwnst*r
March 19th, 2009, 11:34 AM
how is it any more "hilarious" than a christian or buddhist edition? oh that's right, it's not.

jespdj
March 19th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Ubuntu Satanic Edition. Tell me that's not hilarious!

http://ubuntusatanic.org/
Here are a couple of other Ubuntu editions that are just as "hilarious":

Ubuntu CE (http://www.ubuntuce.com/)
Ubuntu ME (http://www.ubuntume.com/)

tjwoosta
March 19th, 2009, 02:29 PM
one would think that Ubuntu SE should stand for Ubuntu Security Edition

i guess politics and religion must be more relevant when it comes to computers then security

/sarcasm

billgoldberg
March 19th, 2009, 02:39 PM

Nice.

There should be nudity on each website, that's why the internet was invented.