PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] NO Desktop Screen

smazam
March 18th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Hi,
I am new to Linux and trying to install ubuntu.

When in run Live CD of UBUNTU it boots, show process, after completing process mouse pointer comes with a screen color like Peach then mouse shows busy cursor With the screen goes black again mouse pointer shows with black screen no desktop display Mouse moving ,numlock and capslock keys not working on keyboard it seems to be hang condition.After this problem i install ubuntu with inside windows option installation goes perfect upto login screen, as I enter User ID and Password screen goes black and mouse working ,numlock and capslock not working same above condition,
centOS live CD 5.1 is perfectly working on My PC.

System Configuration
Compaq EVO d310 (intel board 845) builtin VGA ,SOUND and ETHERNET
RAM 1 GB
HDD 40GB and 20 GB
LCD 19inch Brand ViewSonic - max resolution 1680 X 1050
Installation CD i m using is UBUTU's free CD
Regards
Muhammad Azam.

Mark Phelps
March 18th, 2009, 10:30 PM
ALL the Ubuntu CDs are free. Which version is it? 8.04? 8.10?

richoo
March 20th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Hi,
I am new to Linux and trying to install ubuntu.

When in run Live CD of UBUNTU it boots, show process, after completing process mouse pointer comes with a screen color like Peach then mouse shows busy cursor With the screen goes black again mouse pointer shows with black screen no desktop display Mouse moving ,numlock and capslock keys not working on keyboard it seems to be hang condition.After this problem i install ubuntu with inside windows option installation goes perfect upto login screen, as I enter User ID and Password screen goes black and mouse working ,numlock and capslock not working same above condition,
centOS live CD 5.1 is perfectly working on My PC.

System Configuration
Compaq EVO d310 (intel board 845) builtin VGA ,SOUND and ETHERNET
RAM 1 GB
HDD 40GB and 20 GB
LCD 19inch Brand ViewSonic - max resolution 1680 X 1050
Installation CD i m using is UBUTU's free CD
Regards
Muhammad Azam.

I have the same complaint

AnguishedEnd
March 20th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Same thing happens to me too. I installed inside windows but once I select Ubuntu 8.10 from the Windows Boot Manager it goes to the loading screen for Ubuntu then just goes to a black screen. I cant use the mouse or keyboard. I had to manually shut down my computer...

Xeno43
March 22nd, 2009, 12:54 AM
Woot! someone has my problem! Whenever I go to select Ubuntu through windows thing, my monitor displays an error saying that it does not support the resolution 1024x768 . Is this just a Windows install problem, because I always thought first boot was suppose to be in safe mode... like 640x480 or somethin so that these errors don't happen... But still! Is there a way to fix it?

Edit: 8.10 btw

Xeno43
March 23rd, 2009, 11:19 PM
anyone? This is a really big problem... I think

Xeno43
April 26th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Just tried with 9.04. Still have the same problem

GhostyDog
December 17th, 2009, 03:43 PM
I have 8 of these machines I was hoping to put into a startup company, I've managed to get Ubuntu installed on one of them but for reasons I cannot fathom why it wont install on any of the others.