PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Problems using desktop effects

aarelovich
March 18th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Hi:

When I try to enable desktop effects my entire screen first turns white then black and I see nothing else except the mouse. If I reboot or restart my session I still only see the black screen after logging in (in a graphical fashion). I've managed to fix it by logging in as root and coping and pasting all the "look" options from de ./kde/share/config folder to the same folder of my normal user.

I'm using the lates amd64 kubuntu. I have only an onboard Intel graphics card. Is there any way to safely activate the effects?

Thank you

Skripka
March 19th, 2009, 03:48 AM
Hi:

When I try to enable desktop effects my entire screen first turns white then black and I see nothing else except the mouse. If I reboot or restart my session I still only see the black screen after logging in (in a graphical fashion). I've managed to fix it by logging in as root and coping and pasting all the "look" options from de ./kde/share/config folder to the same folder of my normal user.

I'm using the lates amd64 kubuntu. I have only an onboard Intel graphics card. Is there any way to safely activate the effects?

Thank you

Do you have drivers for your graphics processor installed?