PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Multiple distros

Shortysinc
March 18th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Hi there community!

I have a question for you. I'm sorry if this has already been discussed somewhere, i could find anything related.

Questions would be:
Can I create a live cd with multiple distros on it?

I've found this: http://linux.com/feature/52927 on how to make one. However that does not mention the distros I want on one DVD.
These would be: Fedora, Mandriva, Gentoo and/or Ubuntu

Would they work if I just put them on one DVD?

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you in advance

dandnsmith
March 18th, 2009, 02:50 PM
You're right - it doesn't mention them.
I notice that the article date is in 2006, so wasn't totally surprised thet the link to the script didn't get it.
I was hoping to see what was there, with a view to modifying it - perhaps someone else has a copy.

Shortysinc
March 18th, 2009, 03:21 PM
You're right - it doesn't mention them.
I notice that the article date is in 2006, so wasn't totally surprised thet the link to the script didn't get it.
I was hoping to see what was there, with a view to modifying it - perhaps someone else has a copy.

Thanks for you reply!
I haven't checked the link myself because I'm not such an expert on scripts to modify it, but I really hope someone has it and is willing to help me. I want to create that live cd to check out other distros myself since I've been using ubuntu for a while and want to check out mandriva but I only made one partition so I don't want to loose my data by installing mandriva. But mainly I want the live cd because I want to show linux to my friends and let them be able to have options to choose from if they want it (which I really hope so).

So I would appreciate any help.

Thanks again in advance.