PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How do I make a to-do desktop list?

listerdl
March 18th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Hi, is there a desktop application to create a to-do list?

I use screenlets but cant seem to find anything appropriate.....

I just need a real simple editable list that can change what is written on the desktop.

thanks, lister

dsm iv tr
March 18th, 2009, 09:45 AM
May not be what you're looking for, but try adding the Sticky Notes applet to your panel, and creating a sticky for todo's.

kerry_s
March 18th, 2009, 10:51 AM
try gtodo it is simple has notifications.
it's in the repos.

listerdl
March 18th, 2009, 04:25 PM
try gtodo it is simple has notifications.
it's in the repos.
Thanks - ok - i am being v dumb here, but can you pls let me know what you mean by repos? (synaptics or add.remove programs) ?

THANKS!

scottuss
March 18th, 2009, 04:29 PM
tasque is very good

Scubdup
March 18th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Thanks - ok - i am being v dumb here, but can you pls let me know what you mean by repos? (synaptics or add.remove programs) ?

THANKS!I'm rather new so I might get corrected but "Repos" is short for "repositories" which is an online database of software which the people responsible for each distrobution of Linux deem stable enough, and useful enough to "vouch for" them.

These can be downloaded using the synapics software manager OR the "add or remove" programs.

You can add other sources as well as the stock repositories but these may not be as well maintained or secure or as well written as those in the repositories.

Go to "Add or remove program" and type "gtodo" into the search funtion and it should come up and give you the option to install.

listerdl
March 18th, 2009, 04:42 PM
thanks for that

listerdl
March 18th, 2009, 04:44 PM
tasque is very good is that in repos as well? (Ill check later - not using ubuntu now)

Botbob89
March 18th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Everything you need SHOULD be in repos, just search as mentioned earlier, then it SHOULD come up...

If you are encountering problems, go to Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal and type the following:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

Then try again.

Hope this helps

listerdl
March 18th, 2009, 10:51 PM
yeah its there - thanks for info