PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Inspiron 600m Help? Hello again, by the way.

Sanus Compleo
March 18th, 2009, 02:30 AM
Hi there again, beautiful shiny people at Ubuntu Forums! Doubtful that anyone remembers me, I was here for all of ten posts or so (Probably should have checked) But here I am, a third time, having Ubuntu installation problems :(. I was building a frankenstein box for my friend, and since we have no sort of windows disc (His native OS), I thought "Hey, why not get Ubuntu?" he said that it would be fine, so I got to work immediately. While burning the disc on my Inspiron 600m, I decided I wanted to dual boot it on the laptop. Halfway through the installation process, it got to the partition manager, and then showed no partitions! So... help please?

Sanus Compleo
March 18th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Hrm... Odd stuff going on. It seems that lots of new users are having the same problem, with all sorts of different windows versions. Maybe Microsoft is out to get people? Sounds like something they'd do. Tried to install directly from the "install" option, and then it tried to resize the partition, (Yay, it actually detected it this time!) but then stuck on 0% for like a half hour or so, and when I looked at it again it detected an error or something (Might've been because it went into sleep mode), and then decided against installing as a new partition, and would only give me options to wipe my harddrive... which is something I'd rather not do. Going to try again without letting it go into sleep mode in a few, but I'd still like some feedback of some sort.

Sanus Compleo
March 18th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Now it's detecting that there is indeed a hard drive, and when it goes to resize the partition, an error of some sort occurs, and Whammy, no install. Help please?

Sanus Compleo
March 18th, 2009, 07:10 PM
So.... guys.... it's been 16 hours.... Any way that somebody could help me out?