PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Where's my widgets??

kpatz
March 17th, 2009, 02:57 PM
I was playing around with conky on my Intrepid box yesterday, when I read on the web that conky can be placed into a Compiz Fusion widget. So I tried to do it. However, when I go into ccsm, I don't get Widget Options at all.

I installed all the compiz-related packages, including compiz-fusion-plugins-extra, which gave me a bunch of new stuff, but still no widget options. The only thing I see in ccsm related to widgets is the widgets layer. :confused:

Where's my widgets? Me want widgets! Waaah! ;)

D3ath
March 17th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Hey so your saying that you uninstalled compiz in it's entirely from synaptic package manager? There should be an option to completely remove... After you remove the package. Close synaptic and reopen and try installing over again. Let me know how that works first.

mcduck
March 17th, 2009, 05:21 PM
The Widget Layer is the only widget functionality Compiz has. It allows you to run any program you want as widget, only showing the program window when you press a certain keyboard shortcut. much like Dashboard on OS X.

D3ath
March 17th, 2009, 05:25 PM
I was playing around with conky on my Intrepid box yesterday, when I read on the web that conky can be placed into a Compiz Fusion widget. So I tried to do it. However, when I go into ccsm, I don't get Widget Options at all.

I installed all the compiz-related packages, including compiz-fusion-plugins-extra, which gave me a bunch of new stuff, but still no widget options. The only thing I see in ccsm related to widgets is the widgets layer. :confused:

Where's my widgets? Me want widgets! Waaah! ;)

Gotcha I misunderstood what you were looking for. Go to synaptics package manager and look for screenlets. install it. when you run it click on a widget then on the left hand side there will be a start/stop checkbox. check that. then click on the auto start at login checkbox right under that as well.

then. right click on the widget it self. go to the window option and click on the widget option. The widget will disapear. press f9 and there you go!