PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] White Screen when trying to install 8.10 amd64

wraahhm
March 17th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Hi,

i tried to install ubuntu 8.10 amd64 yesterday.

After choosing the language i chose "install ubuntu".
The loading screen appeared and finished, but then i got only a white screen.
Nothing more happened, no activity on the HD or the CD-ROM Drive for over half an hour, i had to use the reset switch.

My System:
Intel Q9550
Asus P5Q Deluxe
ATI Radeon 4870
4GB RAM

I just read there are some issues with ATI Cards, but also while installing? Also checked the CD with the Installer,itīs ok...

Thx for help.

smyth
April 8th, 2009, 08:42 PM
i'm having the same issue with a similar setup. i've searched quite a bit but havent' been able to find a fix. Rather than starting a new thread i figured i'd just post here since there hasn't been a response yet and it hasn't been all that long ago.
The computer has:
Asus P5Q Pro Mobo
4gigs ram
Intel Core II Duo
ATI 3850 Vid Card

Any help would be really really appreciated so i don't have to use my friend's spare vista key.
My computer is also doing exactly what was described above. Installation seems to be going fine then completes and white screen till forever. It doesn't get to any setup screens or login or anything.
Same disc that worked fine on my other computer, tested the disc anyway but that's fine too. It's 8.04 LTS.

Thanks in advance,
Kyle

wraahhm
April 8th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Check your PM, x86 did work...with a few adjustments...;)

greets

n1k0s88
April 27th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Hello guys!
I got the same problem here. wraahhm, could you send me some info about the adjustments required for the x86 installation?
My system is quite similar to yours...

Intel Q9550
Asus Rampage Extreme
ATI Radeon 4870
4GB RAM

Thx in advance.