PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No Flash in Firefox, but it works in Epiphany

dbsoundman
March 17th, 2009, 04:13 AM
I have a really weird issue with Flash in Ubuntu 8.10. I'm on a 64-bit system, so I initially had trouble finding the right version of flash. I finally found a site with a downloadable script that sets up your computer to run 32-bit Flash. I initially thought it didn't work because I still have no Flash in Firefox, but I tried the Epiphany browser, and it works fine. I don't have the website address where I found the script handy, but I can probably dig it up if necessary. I believe it installed the latest version of Flash, though, and I know it clears out the necessary components beforehand to reinstall Flash.

Any ideas on what to do to fix this? Epiphany is an OK browser, but Firefox has a lot of functionality that I'd like to keep, so I'd rather not have to switch over.

Thanks,
Dan

dbsoundman
March 25th, 2009, 03:34 AM
HELPP!! I still haven't resolved this issue, and to make matters worse I can't get Epiphany to take in my Firefox bookmarks right, so I'm constantly switching between browsers to surf the web. If anything right now I just need a way to undo what I have done and start the redoing process.

-Dan