PDA

View Full Version : Java IDE that handles imports?

linkmaster03
March 17th, 2009, 02:07 AM
I'm looking for a good Java IDE that handles imports and autocompletion. (besides Eclipse because it gives me 1,149 "cannot be resolved" errors) Any suggestions?

loell
March 17th, 2009, 02:09 AM
netbeans is good at fixing imports :)

of course you had to properly import your external jars and classes.

DocForbin
March 17th, 2009, 02:10 AM
Netbeans 6.5 is the best free java IDE imo.

raul_
March 17th, 2009, 02:10 AM
I would really bet on solving the Eclipse issue because it's *THE* Java IDE (specially for Linux) and there is virtually no competitor besides Netbeans mentioned above that I can think of :(

There's always KDevelop or Geany but I don't think they're Java Oriented nor capable of handling imports.

DocForbin
March 17th, 2009, 02:12 AM
(current versions)

IntelliJ > Netbeans > Eclipse

txcrackers
March 17th, 2009, 07:04 AM
IDEA's Maven integration sucks eggs. Other than that, yeah pretty much #1 - but it costs. Definitely Netbeans over Eclipse. And I was a hard-core Eclipse user until 3.3

konqueror7
March 17th, 2009, 07:07 AM
netbeans, though it sucks in performance, you still can tweak the settings...;)

jespdj
March 17th, 2009, 09:58 AM
netbeans, though it sucks in performance, you still can tweak the settings...;)
Netbeans needs a lot of memory, if you have less than 1 GB, then it will most likely be slow.

Netbeans and Eclipse are the two most widely used Java IDEs, and ofcourse they have basic features like autocompletion and automatically adding imports.

Note: Don't install Netbeans or Eclipse from the Ubuntu repository. Unfortunately the versions in the repository are old. Just download them from their respective websites.

linkmaster03
March 19th, 2009, 01:27 AM
Thanks guys for all the suggestions. I'll check them out.