PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Horrible Browser Issues: After Logging In Sites Do Not Work

ajacx
March 16th, 2009, 02:25 PM
I'm on intrepid and I've had this nasty issue for quite some time now. For most sites, gmail being the one exception, after I've logged in everything just goes either terribly slow or dead. I first experienced this on wordpress.com and then on other almost every other site including yahoo mail.

I used ubuntu on a previous desktop and never expereinced this bug before. This is a fresh install on a P4 1.8GHz, 768 MB ram, PCI on board. The minute the install was done I installed NoScript, AdBlockPlus and Firebug on Firefox. Thinking the addons might be causing this for some odd reason, I disabled them to no avail. Thinking it might be a browser issue, I tried SeaMonkey, Epiphany and finally Opera and they all came back with the same issue. I don't know if iptables is creating the issue, I just used Firestarter's default configuration and tested it with ShieldsUp.

I booted into Windows and was able to use these sites with absolutely no issue. So I'm not sure why I have this bug and wondered if there was anyone else out there having the same issues. I'm not the most advanced user, actually I'm a novice . I'd be really gratefully for any help or advice anyone can lend to help me learn more about why this is happening and how to sort it out.

I tried submitting this from ubuntu but that didn't work, so I had to boot into Windows to post this! Thats the key I think, once I've logged into a site and I try doing something, submitting some action, it stalls from there.

PS: Sorry for the re-post, I initially posted in General Help, but then realized this might be a more appropriate forum.

ajacx
March 17th, 2009, 11:44 AM
bump