PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu installation problem with dual boot with xp

prawesh
March 16th, 2009, 11:41 AM
I tried to install Ubuntu with dual boot with xp already installed. While partitioning the disks, I mistakenly choose the entire disk but canceled it before it was over. I stalled the installation and was worried I formatted all of my partition. However, when I started xp, it was working. But there were other partitions showing when disk management was observed.

So, I copied all the files of the disk and formatted it and build new partitions and copied back all of the files as before. When installing Ubuntu again, I found I had crossed the limit for primary partitions. So I used the partition magic to convert the primary partitions except the one holding windows xp to extended. And also created another primary partition and swap from unused partition using the partition magic. Except these new ones all of the partitions are in NTFS format.

Now while installing Ubuntu, it doesn't show any partition but shows entire disk like using the entire option. So I am unable to install Ubuntu in my PC and I don't want to lose xp and the files too. Can anyone help me?

S.A.A
March 16th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Have you tried Wubii ?