PDA

View Full Version : Google Voice

BOBSONATOR
March 15th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Go Nuts.

https://www.google.com/voice/

Personally, i can't wait to be using this.

reprobus
March 15th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Go Nuts.

https://www.google.com/voice/

Personally, i can't wait to be using this.

I've been using it for over a year now as a beta tester and I can tell you that it is quite awesome.

marco123
March 15th, 2009, 08:48 PM
I've been using it for over a year now as a beta tester and I can tell you that it is quite awesome.

Are there any privacy concerns like some of Google's other services?

Cheers, Marco.

smartboyathome
March 15th, 2009, 08:57 PM
What's next... Google Life? :P

reprobus
March 15th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Are there any privacy concerns like some of Google's other services?

Cheers, Marco.

Not that I am aware of but that's not to say there might not be. I've been into phone phreaking for many years and have been part of the phone phreak underground for quite a while, me and my pals have looked it over through and through and it all seems pretty tight.

Anyways here is a little story about using google voice formerly grand central to prank around with someone. One of the main features is that you can forward your number to multiple other lines and have it ring them all at once. I work at a hotel and the night shift guy we didn't get along very well, he was one of these guys who tries to work his way up by ratting on everyone else. He ticked me off one night so when I got home I forwarded my google voice number to both pay phones in the lobby of the hotel and to all four of the main trunk lines to the hotel front desk then proceeded to dial my google voice number over and over and over ringing all the lines at once thus aggravating the heck out of the poor guy.

Here is another thing I've found grand central useful for. My friend he worked at the same hotel I do. He was at work one night when his wife messaged me and asked if I could call him and pass on a message for her because they didn't have long distance service on their phone. So what I did was set her number as the number to call from then set the number to call as the hotel number and bam I have them connect free of charge using my home computer, kinda felt like playing operator haha.

Anyways I am sure everyone will enjoy this service. Its sad to me that my free days of using it are about over but I like it so much I will probably pay to keep my account.

BOBSONATOR
March 15th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Not that I am aware of but that's not to say there might not be. I've been into phone phreaking for many years and have been part of the phone phreak underground for quite a while, me and my pals have looked it over through and through and it all seems pretty tight.

Anyways here is a little story about using google voice formerly grand central to prank around with someone. One of the main features is that you can forward your number to multiple other lines and have it ring them all at once. I work at a hotel and the night shift guy we didn't get along very well, he was one of these guys who tries to work his way up by ratting on everyone else. He ticked me off one night so when I got home I forwarded my google voice number to both pay phones in the lobby of the hotel and to all four of the main trunk lines to the hotel front desk then proceeded to dial my google voice number over and over and over ringing all the lines at once thus aggravating the heck out of the poor guy.

Here is another thing I've found grand central useful for. My friend he worked at the same hotel I do. He was at work one night when his wife messaged me and asked if I could call him and pass on a message for her because they didn't have long distance service on their phone. So what I did was set her number as the number to call from then set the number to call as the hotel number and bam I have them connect free of charge using my home computer, kinda felt like playing operator haha.

Anyways I am sure everyone will enjoy this service. Its sad to me that my free days of using it are about over but I like it so much I will probably pay to keep my account.

:popcorn: Good use of google