PDA

View Full Version : Spoitify display issue

hobo89
March 15th, 2009, 07:41 PM
I've installed Spotify in Wine, and I can search and listen to music fine. The only problem is it is very difficult to see what I am actually doing. It starts up with places of the display black, and as I move the mouse around over other parts, some of them turn black too (screenshot attached). I can usually search for music and play it, it's just a pain in the ****! Closing the window (to the tray, not closing Spotify completely or just minimizing it) and opening again makes more of the display reappear again. Does anyone have any ideas of how to fix this?
Thanks

Edit: screenshot didn't upload, it's on it's way!

hobo89
March 15th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Screenshot

hobo89
March 18th, 2009, 02:36 PM
I have managed to solve the original issue, but now have another problem. The title bar and search bar are black (but 'Spotify' title, 'File' 'Edit' etc and the search box are still visible). There is also no play controls, I can see the timers but nothing else at the bottom. Check boxes are also not visible, a real pain in the Preferences!
Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

daariil
March 18th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Alot of people have this problem (including me) and as far as i know there is no solution yet.

jasidog
September 18th, 2010, 04:23 PM
I found a solution that seems to work for me at the spotify boards. Set wine to run as win xp in winecfg. Rather than win 98 as it was set for me.