PDA

View Full Version : X-Files ?

armageddon08
March 15th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Well, I saw a Stargate thread going. So, I thought of starting one with X-Files. So, share what do you like about it, what do you hate about it. Which episode do you like the most?

Personally, I like Anasazi(along with the other two parts) and Home(from the Non-UFO themes) the most.

tjwoosta
March 15th, 2009, 04:06 PM
wow, x-files is still on tv?

i havn't seen an episode of x-files since like 1995 or 96

Faolan84
March 15th, 2009, 06:08 PM
X-Files ran from 1993 to 2002 actually. Although I thought the last couple seasons sucked. It all went downhill after they got rid of Mulder. I love the classic episodes though.

inobe
March 15th, 2009, 06:11 PM
not on tv here, seen "i want to believe" don't know what they were thinking when that movie was made :shrug:

jomiolto
March 15th, 2009, 07:36 PM
It's been some time since I last watched it, but it is one of my all time favourite TV series :)

I really liked some of the earlier "mytharc" episodes (before Mulder disappeared) and overall I think the series was at its best around seasons 4, 5 and 6.

Watching about a dozen episodes of X-Files in a row is a sure way to make yourself paranoid and afraid of the slightest thing ;)

ELD
March 15th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Good timing for this thread, my housemate purchased season 1-4 i think, ive finished season 1 now and onto season 2 at the moment, quality stuff!

JDorfler
March 15th, 2009, 07:44 PM
X-files was cool. However, the last movie probably killed any chance of further X-files movies or tv shows. If they stuck with the alien/ufo thing there might have been a chance.

pwnst*r
March 15th, 2009, 07:46 PM
first few seasons rocked, but meh to the rest.

jomiolto
March 15th, 2009, 07:50 PM
X-files was cool. However, the last movie probably killed any chance of further X-files movies or tv shows. If they stuck with the alien/ufo thing there might have been a chance.

Yeah, I agree. I was expecting the new film to continue the story arc, but instead it was more like a random, extended episode of the series, and not even very good at that. It was not really bad either, but personally I just think that the film didn't add anything to the series...

scottuss
March 15th, 2009, 07:53 PM
I got the complete boxset as a gift and I'm loving it. The UFO story line is much better than the "one off" episodes.

armageddon08
March 16th, 2009, 02:53 PM
I got the complete boxset as a gift and I'm loving it. The UFO story line is much better than the "one off" episodes.

+1. Although some of the "one off"s were quite good too.

kevdog
March 16th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Id love is they sold the UFO series as a box set. I remember TNT or some other network ran all the UFO series one Saturday and I caught about half of them until I fell asleep at 4am. That was several years ago. I'd love to see the entire UFO series if possible. That was some good TV!

Mr. Picklesworth
March 16th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Season 1's finale ("The Erlenmyer Flask") was probably one of my favourites.

I always liked the Lone Gunmen, too.

Daisuke_Aramaki
March 16th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Am a huge XPhile myself. I still watch at least one episode every two days or so, and it has been like this for the last four years. Sometimes my girlfriend hates me, since when we watch an episode together, I will start saying the dialogues, and when she has had enough, she will jump out of her seat and change the dvd language to German.

Personally I believe the series jumped the shark after season 7, the same time David left. I also liked the whole mythology series. But one downside of the whole X-Files phenomenon was that there was a sudden rise in the lunatic fringe in the ufo investigation community, who made some serious, credible ufo investigators look bad! :(

Just to give an idea as to how big a fan i am of the X Files! ;)

http://th05.deviantart.com/fs41/300W/i/2009/046/6/b/Home_Desk_shot___II_by_pkmurugan.jpg (http://omploader.org/vMWFxbg)

forrestcupp
March 16th, 2009, 04:25 PM
How about the one where the guy had to keep driving west (I think) or his blood vessels would explode?

The one with the vampires was pretty dumb. I like the ones with the conspiracy and the smoking man.

armageddon08
March 16th, 2009, 04:29 PM
I liked some of the comic episodes too.

ZuLuuuuuu
March 16th, 2009, 04:42 PM
I just started watching it. I am at the episode Gender Bender of season 1 but the 12th episode "Beyond the Sea" is by far the best episode I've seen. It was pretty different than the other episodes in its directing, acting etc. Especially Brad Dourif was brilliant as the character Luther Lee Boggs.