PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ubuntu doesnot boot properly. Gets stuck in between.

kahaly
March 15th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Hi All,
I created a separate drive for ubuntu installation in Windows using wubi. The drive is an NTFS partition. i checked the md5 sum before burning the image onto a CD at 4x speed. Its fine. The installtion goes on well. But when i reboot, after the " checking installation part" the wallapaper pops up and the booting process gets stuck there. I didnt get any error message. I thought first time booting takes time so I left it for the whole night but still its stuck. I dont know what went wrong :confused:. If hard boot it again and again i get the initramfs command prompt and it gets stuck here. Can anyone let me know what went wrong.

Thanks in advance,

kahaly.

GrimmReaperVI
March 15th, 2009, 12:16 PM
The wallpaper pops up? You mean the wallpaper is there but the taskbar and stuff aren't there (you can move your mouse) or that the screen just freezes? Try pressing Ctrl Alt F1 to bring up the Virtual Terminal.

humphreybc
March 15th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Or by wallpaper do you mean the boot loading screen?

GrimmReaperVI
March 15th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Or maybe the log in screen (without the fields), though I doubt it

kahaly
March 15th, 2009, 03:48 PM
by wallpaper I mean the default theme, the orange cloloured one. It should ask for username and password. But it freezes there.

kahaly
March 15th, 2009, 03:50 PM
"Checking installation" doesnt give any error. After checking installation it should ask for username and password rite.

kahaly
March 15th, 2009, 06:09 PM
The wallpaper pops up? You mean the wallpaper is there but the taskbar and stuff aren't there (you can move your mouse) or that the screen just freezes? Try pressing Ctrl Alt F1 to bring up the Virtual Terminal.
Hi Grim,
I tried Alt + CTRL + F1. The ubuntu@unbuntu$ command prompt pops up...what am i supposed to do now. Please help me out...