PDA

View Full Version : Modules & program Design

SLeigh1213
March 14th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Can anyone help me? I have homework due tomorrow and I am stuck on #1. Here is my issue: Rewrite the following pseudocode so that the user input and calcuations are each in a spearate module. Include a comment at the beginning of each module that describes the purpose of that module. A line containing a comment should bening with a single quote ('). You should have a data entry module, a calculation module, and an output module.

start
num quantityOrdered
num itemPrice

print "Enter an Order Quantity"
read quantityOrdered

print "Enter the Items Price"
read itemPrice

if quantityOrdered > 100 then
discount =.20
else
if quantityOrdered > 12 then
discount =.10
else
discount = 0
endif
endif

total = price * quantityOrdered
total = total - discount * total
print total
stop

All help ASAP would be greatly appreciated.

jpkotta
March 15th, 2009, 12:37 AM
No one's going to help you unless you have specific questions. Read the stickies.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=717011

SLeigh1213
March 15th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Sorry, my question is, how do I create a module for data entry?

lisati
March 15th, 2009, 12:51 AM
Sorry, my question is, how do I create a module for data entry?

I suspect that the answer can be found in what you understand to be a "module" and what you understand to be "data entry"..... perhaps there is something in your course notes that can help.

EDIT: here's a hint as to what might be expected: http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/d/dataentr.htm

namegame
March 15th, 2009, 03:33 AM
It would really help if you were to tell us what language you are using as well. There are multiple approaches to your problem. Although somewhat trivial for any other purpose than learning, you could implement your solution with an OOP design, although an imperitave design would be as equally effective given the simplicity of the problem.

So basically, we need more information to help you.

slavik
March 15th, 2009, 03:55 AM
A line containing a comment should bening with a single quote (')

I smell BASIC.

EDIT: I also think that module == function