PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Switch Unbuntu back to Vista Help!!! desperate

SolomanGrundy
March 14th, 2009, 09:14 PM
To my complete mistake I did not make my Asus X83Vb-X1 a dual boot machine Ubuntu was the OS for me.Unfortunatly my laptops screen burnt out and I still have a warranty on it. Just to cover my butt I would like to restore it back to its Vista orginal. I downloaded the Vista ISO and no matter how I burn it DVD or CD at varying speeds I still receive this error D:\sources\install.wim not found.I was also the victim to a hasty "spring cleanup" and my wife threw out my original ASUS disks if any one can help I would appreciate it so much I have looked everywhere and nothing has helped.

greywolf238
March 14th, 2009, 10:33 PM
To my complete mistake I did not make my Asus X83Vb-X1 a dual boot machine Ubuntu was the OS for me.Unfortunatly my laptops screen burnt out and I still have a warranty on it. Just to cover my butt I would like to restore it back to its Vista orginal. I downloaded the Vista ISO and no matter how I burn it DVD or CD at varying speeds I still receive this error D:\sources\install.wim not found.I was also the victim to a hasty "spring cleanup" and my wife threw out my original ASUS disks if any one can help I would appreciate it so much I have looked everywhere and nothing has helped.

If the laptop is still under warranty, just send it back, they don't care what os is on it.
The Vista iso you downloaded is most likely just to repair Vista boot problems not to reinstall it.
You can always call Asus and have them resend the discs.

lvleph
March 14th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Asus will definitely send you a new disc. Asus doesn't care if you have Linux on there. In fact, they have linux support.