PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Sansa Fuze wont mount so I can put video or music on it?

h4v0k_d0m
March 14th, 2009, 05:56 PM
I have a Sansa Fuze 4g with the 2g MicroSD chip I have been using rythmbox to transfer music to it in MTP mode and it works fine but if I want to put my podcasts on it from rythmbox they dont transfer and video .mp4 format will not load using rythmbox either so when I plug it in in MSC mode I can open the folders and under Music I dont see any music folders yet I know they are there. So I put a few videos on there and they transfer yet when I unplug it and it refreshes nothing is there. So i tried to cd to /media when I do ls it list SANSA FUZE so i try to cd to SANSA or SANSA FUZE it says no such file or directory I try to chmod it no such file or directory. What gives? How do I get it to transfer video to my player how do I chmod it so it will work and see all my files and folders?

nanotube
March 19th, 2009, 04:25 AM
from what i've read, you can't "mix" the mtp and the msc modes. what you put on it in mtp mode won't be seen in msc mode, and vice versa. so just choose one mode and stick with it (i recommend msc, since it's the most versatile...)

h4v0k_d0m
March 19th, 2009, 03:04 PM
from what i've read, you can't "mix" the mtp and the msc modes. what you put on it in mtp mode won't be seen in msc mode, and vice versa. so just choose one mode and stick with it (i recommend msc, since it's the most versatile...)

That makes sense but when I try to load videos on my sansa rythmbox wont put anything on except music so im kinda limited cannot load my pictures or movies. Or does anyone know a program that will allow more versatility?

nanotube
March 19th, 2009, 08:11 PM
bad news for you: playing videos on sansa fuze requires conversion thereof into some kind of proprietary-tweaked-out format, which can only be accomplished with the software that comes with it, which, of course, only runs on windows.

many people have tried, and failed, to convert a video without the software so that it works, so... you're out of luck, for now, as far as getting videos to play on your sansa fuze, without using their proprietary windows-only software.

if you google for "sansa fuze video linux" you'll see some forum threads and blog posts about these failed attempts...

so at this point, if you /really/ must have video on your fuze, the only way is the windows way. otherwise, just be happy with rhythmbox. :)