PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to make toolbar (dock) transparent in cube? (looking from behind)

amylase
March 14th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Hi everyone. I'm running Compiz 1:0.78 with Compiz Settings Manager on Ubuntu 8.10.

I have the cube up and running. I also made my windows semi-transparent using Trailfocus. What I've set up is a semi-transparent cube with semi-transparent windows on a background skydome. So I see a semi-transparent cube and its faces with different things running, and behind is the skydome. I see all of these at the same time. That's all good up to this point.

My problem is when I look at other faces of the cube from behind, I see the tool bars on those pages as two ugly black lines up the top and bottom. I've tried right click on tool bar -> Properties -> Transparent. That turns the tool bar transparent when I'm using the face. As soon as I turn this face away (rotate the cube), it's shown as a black tool bar seen from behind again.

How do I make my tool bars semi-transparent such that they stay semi-transparent even after I've rotated the plane away and look at them from behind? I want to be able to see through those semi-transparent bars from behind and see my skydome basically.

Thanks very much. Here is a snap shot.
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7950/screenshotjgu.png