PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Trying to get 1280x800 Resolution

ex-para
March 14th, 2009, 09:08 AM
I have had quite a bit correspondence on wide screen resolution concerning Ubuntu 8.04, it only has two 800x600 and 640x480 and I need 1280x800. I have followed all instruction sent to me after first downloading the correct drivers they are sis not vessa and putting them where they should be and then configuring /etc/X11/xorg.conf and at the moment I have Driver sis in section device and at one time con fig showed the 800x600 etc. resolutions and I added 1280x800 and changed vessa to sis as vessa was showing but it did not work and are not showing now just driver sis and I did save. When I boot up at the moment I get the laptop is on low resolution and I have to configure it myself but when I go to the configure button it configures nothing. I have just left the computer as it is as I can by-pass the message and carry on plus the fact I don't need to use use it at the moment.
Could any one please fill me what I need to do next as I may not be far from a result.

Mark Phelps
March 16th, 2009, 06:08 PM
1280x800 is widescreen, so try going to System --> Preferences --> Screen Resolution. What does it show there as options?