PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] openoffice uninstalation help

coldmack
March 14th, 2009, 06:14 AM
My computer is running a HP MIE which is pretty much Hardy with a custom theme. So after a couple of hours of searching I was able to get Openoffice 3.0 to install via the repository. But, now the issue is the previous version of openoffice, 2.4 to be exact, is still there on there, i.e I have both installed on my machine. So, I tired to uninstall it from the repository, but all I now see there is version 3.0 and not the previous version. Any ideas on how to uninstall 2.4?

coldmack
March 14th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Alright I was able to remove both version and then get 3.0 reinstalled. Now the only issue I have is in my start new program menue for MIE it shows two of everything for openoffice i.e. I have two links to writer, two for spreadsheet and so forth. So is there anyway to remove the duplacte links?

pbpersson
March 14th, 2009, 08:39 AM
On my system, when I right-click where the menus are, I can click on "edit menus" and I can also go to system-->Preferences-->Main menu

Either choice will get you to the same place. You will need to know which one you want to delete in each category

coldmack
March 14th, 2009, 07:16 PM
That was first thing I tried I was unable to get anything to come up when I right clicked as you suggested. Also my system pref menu is a little different as I am running the custom MIE shell HP made for Ubuntu Hardy. thank you.

lesbaker
March 16th, 2009, 09:27 AM
would like to know this as well.