PDA

View Full Version : What kind of mouse do you use?

wolfen69
March 14th, 2009, 02:50 AM
right now i'm using a basic microsoft optical. i went out and bought a logitech fancy shmancy mouse,($80) but being my desk is too low, it just does not feel right. i'm taking it back.

but when the MS mouse dies, i will buy a logitech. i'm not giving MS a penny more.

cmat
March 14th, 2009, 02:50 AM
Basic MS optical. Really good mice for a low price.

Muffinabus
March 14th, 2009, 02:52 AM
I'm using a Razer Deathadder. It's a gaming mouse, as I do tend to play a lot of games on my PC (On Windows ): ). I used to purchase Logitech mice, though I had an issue with one of their products and didn't like the way the problem was treated (it wasn't), so I ditched them.

OutOfReach
March 14th, 2009, 02:53 AM
A Logitech optical mouse. classic 3 button mouse.
It seems that it's starting to die since it jerks when I move it sometimes

wolfen69
March 14th, 2009, 02:53 AM
Basic MS optical. Really good mice for a low price.

i think they go for like $10 or something.

bikeboy
March 14th, 2009, 03:03 AM
Generic FTW! :)

From the bottom of the mouse:
Optical 3D Mouse
Model: SWOP-35
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules

I think it's made by A4Tech, bought it from the post office.

Mehall
March 14th, 2009, 03:05 AM
i think they go for like $10 or something.

Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse 1.0A

I got three of them for free, in fairness.

MellonCollie
March 14th, 2009, 03:06 AM
I'm using a Razer Salmosa.

MikeTheC
March 14th, 2009, 03:07 AM
Logitech MX620. Can't speak highly enough of it.

Shazaam
March 14th, 2009, 04:00 AM
Logitech MX-1000.

wolfen69
March 14th, 2009, 04:06 AM
Logitech MX-1000.

i just bought the MX-1100, (basically the same) and it seems a bit too heavy for my taste. but that wasn't the biggest problem, it was the height of it. my desk is kind of low, therefore making my hand/wrist go upward too much. it's amazing how a half inch can make all the difference. it is a good mouse, and ergonomic, but not right for me. i need a low profile mouse.

wolfen69
March 14th, 2009, 04:11 AM
has anyone here used a trackball mouse? i can't stand them now. if i had to, i could deal with a thumb-ball, but on-top trackball is COMPLETELY unituitive, and unacceptable.

Skripka
March 14th, 2009, 04:17 AM
I'm using a Logitech Revolution MX...but...I'm thinking of buying a Razer Lachesis.

wolfen69
March 14th, 2009, 04:21 AM
I'm thinking of buying a Razer Lachesis.

i'm thinking of staying with a wired mouse, as it seems more responsive. regardless of make.

i notice every little change of touch, feel, speed, etc. i'm not a big gamer, but it seems there is a difference between wired and wireless.

Skripka
March 14th, 2009, 04:24 AM
i'm thinking of staying with a wired mouse, as it seems more responsive. regardless of make.

Logitechs seem much more fussy regardless of platform....I enjoy the extra functionality-but it is a PITA, especially Logitech's SetPoint software.

I've seen and heard great things about Razers.

wolfen69
March 14th, 2009, 04:27 AM
as much as i dislike microsoft, i'm still using their mouse. microsoft mice ftw!

Giant Speck
March 14th, 2009, 04:29 AM
Logitech® V220 Cordless Mouse for Notebooks

http://www.logitech.com/repository/470/jpg/4351.1.0.jpg

wolfen69
March 14th, 2009, 04:32 AM

thanks for the visual.

mamamia88
March 14th, 2009, 04:33 AM
thats the same logitech im using

Giant Speck
March 14th, 2009, 04:42 AM
thanks for the visual.

I love it. Especially the side-scrolling buttons.

wolfen69
March 14th, 2009, 04:45 AM
I love it. Especially the side-scrolling buttons.

i take it you have the same mouse? i never use the side buttons. i just set up firefox with mouse gestures. much quicker.

Greg
March 14th, 2009, 04:47 AM
I just got a Labtec Laser Mouse to replace my old MS IntelliMouse of about 6 years if I remember correctly. It's made by Logitech, nice and responsive, has 5 buttons...

It was the only corded 5 button non-wireless optical||laser mouse at MicroCenter....

itsStephen
March 14th, 2009, 04:54 AM
I use the wireless laser mouse that comes in the Logitech LX-310 set

hansdown
I just use a basic compac mouse from the computer that just manages to remain breathing.

I tried a logitec wireless mouse that died during my foray into the microsoft world.

Rokurosv
I use the laptop's touchpad :D

wolfen69
March 14th, 2009, 05:03 AM
I just got a Labtec Laser Mouse to replace my old MS IntelliMouse of about 6 years if I remember correctly. It's made by Logitech, nice and responsive, has 5 buttons...

It was the only corded 5 button non-wireless optical||laser mouse at MicroCenter....

sounds like a good mouse

Giant Speck
March 14th, 2009, 05:04 AM
i take it you have the same mouse? i never use the side buttons. i just set up firefox with mouse gestures. much quicker.

Well, they're really not buttons per se. To use the side-scrolling features, you just push the scrollwheel from side to side.

wolfen69
March 14th, 2009, 05:04 AM
I use the laptop's touchpad :D

i'm adept at using a touchpad, but i'll take a good mouse any day over that.

arsenic23
March 14th, 2009, 05:08 AM
I had to look. I honestly had no idea. I've had this mouse for 3 years (or close ot it) now and I think it has lasted nearly twice as long as any other mouse I've ever owned.

Logitech RX1000

Giant Speck
March 14th, 2009, 05:10 AM
I had to look. I honestly had no idea. I've had this mouse for 3 years (or close ot it) now and I think it has lasted nearly twice as long as any other mouse I've ever owned.

Logitech RX1000

Yeah, the only reason I was able to find mine is because it was the cheapest cordless mouse on Logitech's website.

:lolflag:

handy
March 14th, 2009, 06:24 AM
IntelliMouse Explorer.

It's big, it is the most comfortable mouse I have ever used; it has done many BIG years of work without fail (the occasional spray of silicon under the two main buttons when they start to stick is the only maintenance).

I will buy another of the same as it is perfect for me.

As far a the MS question is concerned? I'll support them in this instance as they have (for once) made a superior product.

Actually, not for once, I also use one of their keyboards, because it is old stock; it is (from experience) also a good keyboard.

Perhaps MS should go into hardware manufacture, they seem to be better at it. :P

Tomone
March 14th, 2009, 06:26 AM
I checked Microsoft, but it's not really a fair choice. I have a laptop and, when I need to use the cursor (mostly for websites), the touchpad is my first choice. But when I do any music/video/picture editing (which isn't too often), I use the mouse.
Also, a lot of people seem to apologize for using Microsoft products, but the one I use (a small, wireless, USB, laser mouse) works great.

ubuntu27
March 14th, 2009, 06:29 AM
On the back of my optical mouse says:

[Logo]Super*Talent TM

Muffinabus
March 14th, 2009, 06:39 AM
Perhaps MS should go into hardware manufacture, they seem to be better at it. :P

Yeah, as evidenced by the Xbox and Xbox 360 hardware performance.

avaralom
March 14th, 2009, 06:40 AM
I have a wireless keyboard/mouse combo made by Microsoft. Works great for me. Except it has a few issues when I boot into Ubuntu (i'm not really surprised).

I hate touchpads, especially the one on this laptop. I think it's dying anyway. I have a tiny blue mouse that I use for it, but I forget who makes it. It was cheap. But it works!

handy
March 14th, 2009, 06:48 AM
I used a Belkin wireless keyboard & mouse combo in the past; I quickly learned that the batteries of the mouse went flat far too fast, though the keyboard batteries (2 x aaa's) lasted for at least a year.

Logically I dumped the mouse quick smart & went back to my trusty intellimouse explorer.

PurposeOfReason
March 14th, 2009, 06:51 AM
http://us.kensington.com/html/2200.html

I learned on a trackball, went to a mouse when I moved (age 12), then one day used a trackball again and remembered how much better I liked it so I got this puppy. Not at that price though. Amazon FTW!

cariboo
March 14th, 2009, 07:04 AM
The poll should have been multiple choice, I use both Microsoft and Logitech on a regular basis. I prefer Microsoft, I'm currently using a Microsoft Arc wireless, which I really like. The only problem with the Arc is that it eats batteries, I get about a month on a pair of aaa batteries.

I also have a Logitech EX110 wireless mouse/keyboard combo that work well for my HTPC, but they feel cheap.

spupy
March 14th, 2009, 12:52 PM
I use a mouse from an obscure company called A4. The thing has 2 buttons and scrollwheel. :D
Amazingly, it lives after 2 years, is comfortable, and what is most important - can be used with either hands.

cmay
March 14th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Logitech, Inc. Corded Tilt-Wheel Mouse

or so the lsusb claims it to be.
i only have two logitech usb mouses and this one i use the most. its having two buttons and is the size of many of the notebook mouses and its nice and not advanced.

i have many a old ps2 mouse of different brand and i use them for the other computers i have.

i just like them so much but cannot afford to buy new mouses for older computers that cost me less to fix and get up and running than a new logitech cordless usb mouse cost.

Grukmuck
March 14th, 2009, 01:16 PM
trackball ftw (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/trackballs/devices/166&cl=us,en)

ive been using this for 3 or 4 years. a friend of mine introduced me to it when i used to play WoW all the time. its so much better than using the touch pad on my laptop. im not a big gamer anymore so i use it for normal everyday computing. but if im feeling a bit artsy i will pull out this bad boy (http://www.wacom.com/bambootablet/bamboofun.php). the tablet is nice and comes with a mouse if i dont want to use the pen, just for fun i will use it every once and a while.

Speed Demon
March 14th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Dynex Normal 5 button mouse (Two clicks, mid click wheel and Forward/Back)

insane_alien
March 14th, 2009, 05:12 PM
some generic wired optical mouse

xpod
March 14th, 2009, 05:56 PM
I seem to have an infestation....
There are 4 of the things on my desk at the moment.
One wireless Labtec along with 2 wireless IT Works/Mikomi(same mouse different branding) models.Then i have a little BCL wired mouse i`m actually using just now.
It fits my hand a bit better which helps the Carpals Tunnel just that little bit more.

I generally have 2 around regardless so i can teach my youngest how to control the thing while we sit at my PC together.2 mice & dual monitors makes that so much easier......plus i can browse the forums while she`s playing 4 in a row(that & Cooliris are her current favourites).:D
She can use the touchpads on her sisters laptops a bit easier than a mouse so she will have her own before the weekends out....mabey after the Rugby.

Which remind`s me,i need to get an Irish wallpaper.

RiceMonster
March 14th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Just a cheap wired optical usb mouse. Works just fine.

KCG102282
March 14th, 2009, 06:11 PM
right now i'm using a basic microsoft optical. i went out and bought a logitech fancy shmancy mouse,($80) but being my desk is too low, it just does not feel right. i'm taking it back.

but when the MS mouse dies, i will buy a logitech. i'm not giving MS a penny more.

MS mouses are just logitech mouses with Microsofts name on it and that is all you are paying for is the name.

blueshiftoverwatch
March 14th, 2009, 07:07 PM
I'm using a the four button version of Logitech's Marble Mouse (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/trackballs/devices/156&cl=US,EN).

Orlsend
March 14th, 2009, 07:28 PM
I like any kind of mice. (Even the fleshy ones) I like optical ones,but not wireless. I have too many gadgets and the frequency mess up the the phone or other Gadgets.

And I totally hate the those one click apple mice.

dragos240
March 14th, 2009, 07:41 PM
my dad bought be a microsoft mouse :(

Yashiro
March 14th, 2009, 08:15 PM
In such a saturated market does this poll not indicate that Logitech could expand it's market share by writing configuration software for Linux users?

This would basically guarantee their presence on most Linux desktops.

It would be totally awesome to not have to spend two weeks messing around to make my MX Revolution work correctly.

elmer_42
March 14th, 2009, 08:39 PM
I use a Razer Copperhead. Works great for games, even in Linux.

wolfen69
March 14th, 2009, 08:46 PM
MS mouses are just logitech mouses with Microsofts name on it and that is all you are paying for is the name.

prove it.

sgosnell
March 14th, 2009, 09:18 PM
I mostly use the touchpad on my EEE, but if I do use a mouse it's whichever is handy, several small no-name models around. On my desktop, I have a Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse combo, but I seldom use that.

Giant Speck
March 14th, 2009, 09:22 PM
prove it.

I'm going to hop on the bandwagon to hear this, too.

s.fox
March 14th, 2009, 09:25 PM
I use a Kensington Track Ball. Its not a mouse, so should I actually vote or not?

mdsmedia
March 14th, 2009, 09:31 PM

Very similar to mine.

I've got 4 mice (mouses?), 2 Logitech wireless, 1 MS wired, 1 Laser wired.

Got the MS wired plugged into my notebook atm, because I can't find the charger for the AA or AAA batteries :(.

Apparently the MS and Logitech mice are all made in the same place anyway.

dnairb
March 14th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 on my desktop (effectively 9 buttons with the wheel left-right scroll, which I never used anyway) and a Mikomi 5-button mouse on my EeePC (I hate those touchpad-thingies). Both setup with imwheel so the thumb-buttons work in all apps.

dullard
March 14th, 2009, 09:50 PM
I <3 my Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000

:)

billgoldberg
March 14th, 2009, 10:30 PM

I always use Trust mice, they are cheap, good quality and European.

This is the one I use on my desktop:

http://www.trust.com/_images/products/500/14178.jpg

http://www.trust.com/products/product_detail.aspx?item=14178

mehaga
March 15th, 2009, 01:45 AM
I'm using a Razer Deathadder. It's a gaming mouse, as I do tend to play a lot of games on my PC (On Windows ): ). I used to purchase Logitech mice, though I had an issue with one of their products and didn't like the way the problem was treated (it wasn't), so I ditched them.

G5 must be the best mouse I ever owned, but its scroll broke after a year or so. Then I bought Razer Lachesis and... Its scroll is rock solid, but everything else sucks. Never buy Lachesis :'(

handy
March 15th, 2009, 09:23 AM
prove it.

Good call.

Logitech are just as likely to have made a mouse or two for MS in their long history.

Though I wonder who makes Logitech's mouses?

So many of these companies just get something made in one of the China's & have their label put on it.

lisati
March 15th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Basic "brand name" USB optical on fresh install of 8.10 64-bit. Purchased for other laptop but Vista didn't like the new Logitech mouse I purchased, so quick swap.

joshdudeha
March 15th, 2009, 09:54 AM
"Mighty" Mouse

handy
March 15th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Mighty Mouse

Personally, I found the Mighty Mouse to be the worst mouse I have ever used.

It took less than two hours of use before it was thrown into a drawer, never to see the light of day again. :(

joshdudeha
March 15th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Personally, I found the Mighty Mouse to be the worst mouse I have ever used.

It less than two hours of use before it was thrown into a drawer, never to see the light of day again. :(

Lol, I hate the scroll on it.
And the side buttons are annoying, especially on mac when they go into Expose all the time.

RandomJoe
March 15th, 2009, 09:59 AM
I use the Logitech "Marble Mouse" trackball as well. (I have to wonder why they named a trackball "Mouse" but whatever...) I found I preferred trackballs a long time ago. I don't have to have much desktop space, no lifting-and-sliding to get across a large screen (I have always run ridiculous screen resolutions when possible) - for that matter, who needs desk space, I can prop it on my leg or the arm of a chair - and very precise pointer control with my fingertips. (Thumb ball mice don't do it - my thumb is much less precise than my fingertips.)

Although I do have a few Logitech optical mice available. They shipped one with every single laptop we ordered at my last company, and most people had their own mouse they preferred. So I collected a small fleet of the unused mice, and brought a few home. They pack into a laptop bag much better than the trackball does, and are cheap enough (free) that I don't care too much if they get damaged.

jespdj
March 15th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Logitech V470 bluetooth mouse, it's a very good laptop mouse - not too small and not too bug, just right for me, and because it uses bluetooth I don't need to plug in a receiver in a USB port (my laptop has built-in bluetooth).

mrsteveman1
March 15th, 2009, 10:15 AM
I use an Apple Mighty Mouse, its OMGsocool

Now i'll sit back and watch the flames roll in :P

gn2
March 15th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Logitech Nano v450 is the one I use most, the nano receiver gets left in the laptop all the time.

http://computershopper.com/shoptalk/Logitech%20V450%20Nano.jpg

http://www.appleotaku.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/logitech_vx_nano3.jpg

Khrimzunn
July 3rd, 2009, 01:02 AM
I'm using a Logitech MX Revolution.
I do wish that I can figure out how to make it work 100% with Ubuntu though.

jhf429
July 3rd, 2009, 01:48 AM
lsusb tels me I have a Logitech, Inc. LX710 Cordless Desktop Laser. It's basically the mouse that came with the keyboard I picked up.

betrunkenaffe
July 3rd, 2009, 01:49 AM
prove it.

Wolfen's back!

I personally doubt it, I have 2 MS mice and I'll probably not buy a 3rd due to their annoying habit of canceling each other's signals at close range. My father has 2 logitechs and had no idea that anyone has had that problem ever.

SunnyRabbiera
July 3rd, 2009, 01:54 AM
Currently a Logitech wireless mouse, but I will probably replace it soon

starcraft.man
July 3rd, 2009, 02:03 AM
Lots of G5s. Best mouse ever I think, good for work and gaming.

Skripka
July 3rd, 2009, 02:05 AM
G5 must be the best mouse I ever owned, but its scroll broke after a year or so. Then I bought Razer Lachesis and... Its scroll is rock solid, but everything else sucks. Never buy Lachesis :'(

Well I went over to a Razer Lachesis--programmed the firmware using the Razer drivers from my Windows install---and it works like a charm

4000DPI FTW! Logitech is teh suxxors in comparison.

Giant Speck
July 3rd, 2009, 02:37 AM
Wolfen's back!

Psst... look how old his post is...

doorknob60
July 3rd, 2009, 03:44 AM
I put Logitech since that's what I usually use but right now I have an HP one (my brother borrowed the Logitech because he needed a USB one, this one works just as good). It's just a standard optical mouse with two buttons and a wheel, and I don't need anything better than that (that's what my Logitech is too).

Arup
July 3rd, 2009, 03:46 AM
I am addicted to Laser mouse and use a noname ones. Earlier it was strictly MS Optical for me but lately they just don't seem to last more than a year or so. Once you use laser, you won't be able to go back to regular optical.

Rhubarb
July 3rd, 2009, 03:57 AM
Well I went over to a Razer Lachesis--programmed the firmware using the Razer drivers from my Windows install---and it works like a charm

4000DPI FTW! Logitech is teh suxxors in comparison.

Yes, that's why I'm currently using a Logitech G9x mouse, it's got 5000dpi of uber pwnageness.

I've also programmed the firmware on it to make alt+tab switching more convienient, so it's good for office + gaming use :)

SLEEPER_V
July 3rd, 2009, 03:58 AM
I used the microsoft arc

JetskiDude911
July 3rd, 2009, 07:53 PM
On my computer at home (Dell laptop) I use a Logitech MX518. I love this mouse. It is extremely comfortable, and has held up well over the years. Before the MX518, I used a Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000, which lasted a good 4 years or so before the scroll wheel began to have problems.

Sadly though, I cannot use my MX518 for extended periods of time. Over the years, I've started having pains in my arm after using a regular mouse. At work I use a Logitech TrackMan, which is an excellent trackball. It's extremely comfortable, and I can use it for long periods at a time without my hand going numb or my arm hurting.

Sometimes I do work from home though, and I'll pull out my spare TrackMan and use it for when I'll be sitting in front of the computer for a while.

Blacklightbulb
July 3rd, 2009, 10:38 PM
You Evil! You made me realize my mouse was branded MS! :evil:

Anyway unlike M$ software it a pretty decent optical at a cheap price.

credobyte
July 3rd, 2009, 10:44 PM
Brand: Ednet
Specifications: Wireless - Optical

2 years old & works like a charm :)

calrogman
July 3rd, 2009, 11:23 PM
Synaptics PS/2 touchpad, configured to allow middle and right-clicking and both horizontal and vertical scrolling.

Zelandeth
July 3rd, 2009, 11:31 PM
MS Explorer here. Still not convinced that Blutrack is actually worth any money - but it's a comfy mouse to use, and was the only one which seems to track well that I could get hold of which ticked all the boxes I was looking for.

MythAaron
July 3rd, 2009, 11:34 PM
Logitech G7 wireless laser mouse. I has been very good to me, but I want a new mouse that has a smooth scrollwheel as opposed to a "clicky" one.

hessiess
July 3rd, 2009, 11:54 PM
Generally I just use the keyboard for everything (tiling wm), but use a tablet for Blender and Gimp.

khelben1979
July 5th, 2009, 08:27 PM
I'm using Logitech (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logitech) MX 1000. It's the best computer mouse which have ever been made, in my opinion.

I only hope that I will be able to buy a new battery for it once it's unable to regenerate. I bought it several years ago, still going strong with no defects.

tuskenraider
July 5th, 2009, 08:43 PM
logitech trackball.... 3 buttons... left right and middle mouse button/scroll wheel.

yeah.. i do first person shooters with it... you couldnt pay me to use a traditional mouse now...

trackball ftw

tusken

edit: ive had three trackballs since i was 16 - im 29 now. the 1st one died after 9 years of use. the second was DOA... which logitech replaced no questions asked the third is for my laptop...

Swagman
July 5th, 2009, 09:01 PM
http://www.2ql.net/uploads/1245251471.jpg

rkirk
July 5th, 2009, 09:04 PM
http://randykirk.org/img/mouse.jpg
The Logitech LX5 optical mouse. I've had it for about two years and it does everything I want. I don't think I'll ever buy a new mouse until this one becomes unusable due to age (and so far, it's showing very little wear and tear).

And while I might have paid something like thirty dollars at a RadioShack when I bought this, you can find these mice online for ten dollars or less if you look for them.

itreius
July 5th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Logitech MX1000. It's been a really really long time since I bought it, but I'm still satisfied with it.

fraser_m
July 5th, 2009, 09:06 PM
I have a Microsoft Bluetooth mouse, it has a nice clicky scroll wheel, and a side button which I have set up for Scale in Compiz. I love it.

Cam42
July 5th, 2009, 09:09 PM
on this computer is a generic mouse (the top says ABESSO) and on my other computer is a Microsoft Optical mouse

suzenon
December 16th, 2009, 11:33 PM
Razer DeathAdder - because i love quake.

t0p
December 16th, 2009, 11:49 PM
I have 3 Microsoft mice (mouses?) that I've had for ages. I use one of them on my desktop computer, and another with my EeePC when I'm at home (as well as a full-size keyboard and external monitor). But when I'm out and about, I use the EeePC's built-in touchpad. A pretty good touchpad actually.

The poll fails due to its inability to cope with the fact that I use a mouse and a touchpad.

Even though my 3 meeces still work okay, I'm toying with the idea of getting a wireless mouse. I want to get a wireless keyboard too; maybe a wireless keyboard with built-in trackball thingie that I can use with the EeePC - I like to sit on the sofa and use the machine, and at the moment I have to prop a tray on the arm of the sofa to use the mouse on. What do you all think of that (the wireless keyboard with trackball)? A good idea? Or should I persist with the tray?

baddog144
December 17th, 2009, 12:02 AM
I uh. Use a touchpad. Laptops ftw :D

munky99999
December 17th, 2009, 03:20 AM
I had the G7 going for a long time. The mouse wheel then got very bad and in need of lube. From usage. So I had started to lube it. But it was just getting worse and worse. So I moved to a G5. Which is very nice.

Cathhsmom
December 17th, 2009, 03:53 AM
I have had 3 different Logitech mice to break this year, so I gave up on Logitech and went Microsoft. Logitech use to mean quality, but I can not say that today.

dragos240
December 17th, 2009, 03:54 AM
I use a mouse.

xuCGC002
December 17th, 2009, 04:04 AM
The older Microsoft Intellimouse Optical, USB.

I have two of these, and I have to say that Microsoft made a damn good mouse in the early 00's.

suzenon
December 17th, 2009, 09:31 PM
I use a mouse.
Why not a hamster? ;)

Skripka
December 17th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Why not a hamster? ;)

They make these things USB2.0 compliant now?

http://milocat.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/ham.jpg

RiceMonster
December 17th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Why not a hamster? ;)

http://dekingdom.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/facepalm.jpg

kellemes
December 17th, 2009, 09:43 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fb/Logitech-G5-2007.jpg

HappinessNow
December 17th, 2009, 09:48 PM
No mouse, but I do use a active-digitized pen.

ubudog
December 17th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Logitech. Pretty nice mouse.

speedwell68
December 17th, 2009, 10:00 PM
I use a bog standard Logitech wheel mouse on my laptop and an Acer mouse on my desktop.

Странник
December 17th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Cheap Logitech

Cityscape
December 17th, 2009, 10:37 PM
I voted other.
I have 2 computers:
- On my main I use a CLIXes 3-button Serial (aka Com1) mouse
- On my other I use a early 00's Microsoft USB mouse (and I agree with xuCGC002)

ubudog
December 17th, 2009, 10:47 PM
No mouse, but I do use a active-digitized pen.

What?

phillychease
December 18th, 2009, 02:37 AM
sadly im using a microsoft keyboard and mouse.
but i like it! :O

ubudog
December 18th, 2009, 02:47 AM
A nice little logitech notebook mouse.

Exodist
December 18th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Logitech LS1 Laser

fromthehill
December 18th, 2009, 09:48 AM
razer copperhead

hidinginthemountains
December 18th, 2009, 09:56 AM
I cant tell much about mine. the acutal Logitech model number is worn away on the bottom (along with most of the feet...seriously, the hard plastic that surrounds the slippery inserts is gone even!). It is a cordless optical mouse. S/N LZ051600341 ...that's about all I know... it works, but if I had a "gaming rig" this mouse would not be a part of it :)

HappinessNow
December 18th, 2009, 10:01 AM
What?Comes in handy for digital painting.

JBAlaska
December 18th, 2009, 10:12 AM
LX7 for the Laptop
MX-500 for the desktop
S510 wireless KB / Mouse combo for the Server

Crunchy the Headcrab
December 18th, 2009, 10:14 AM
I use a Microsoft mouse. The little wireless one, not sure of the model..*checks bottom of mouse*

ah - the Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000 - Blue

I love it. I love Microsoft. :lolflag:

Kevbert
December 18th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Logitech Cordless Click Plus mouse. Works fine (straight out of the box) with Linux.

dentharg
December 18th, 2009, 10:21 AM
MS Natural Elite and MS Natural 4000 keyboards, Logitech MX-700 and Logitech Marathon Mouse M705.

MS Natural keyboards are perfect, simply stunning.

Crunchy the Headcrab
December 18th, 2009, 10:23 AM
MS Natural Elite and MS Natural 4000 keyboards, Logitech MX-700 and Logitech Marathon Mouse M705.

MS Natural keyboards are perfect, simply stunning.
Oh yeah. I used to have one of those natural keyboards back when I ran a pentium 2. It WAS quite good. I had a hard time adjusting to a flat keyboard again when I started using them again, and now I have a hard time using a natural keyboard.

However, the natural is definitely better for type speed and comfort once you get used to it. I really recommend them.

anaconda
December 18th, 2009, 10:30 AM
none of the above...

the brands of mouses I currently I use are:
hp
silvercrest
a4tech

ANd all of them are good...

Rallaster
December 18th, 2009, 10:57 AM
I am currently using my lappy's touchpad, but I do use an el-cheapo GigaWare from The Shack. I'm trying to decide if I want a Kensington (http://us.kensington.com/html/1436.html) or a Logitech (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/trackballs/&cl=us,en) trackball.... :-k

guvnr
December 18th, 2009, 11:11 AM
logitech mx .. not cheap but worth every penny

.. just gotta love that fast smooth scroll for all these long threads

hidinginthemountains
December 18th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Oh no, it's that Crunchy guy ;)

shadow of the locust
December 18th, 2009, 12:53 PM
i have a logitech mouse that came in a cordless desktop set. i dont usually like cordless things, but the price meant that i couldnt let it pass.

i also have a macally mouse and keyboard that i used to use with my powerbook g4 and currently use with a laptop that has xp installed.

Sand & Mercury
December 18th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Apple Magic Mouse

fromthehill
December 18th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Apple Magic Mouse
is it any good with linux?

KeLa
December 18th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Logitech Trackman Wheel (former Marble) wired and wireless versions.
Great thing because you don't have to move your hand at all while using mouse,
only your thumb for moving cursor. And you don't need much space with it.

stuart.reinke
December 18th, 2009, 01:51 PM
I use the eraser head mouse in the middle of my ThinkPad's keyboard.

Don't know the technical name for it.

Took a couple of days to get used to it.

barnaclebill18
December 18th, 2009, 02:27 PM
I really like track-balls, and have tried 3 or 4 different ones, the one I like best is the Kensington Expert.

The only problem is no Linux drivers so I can't use all the buttons, but I can deal with that because it is the easiest for these 68 year old arthritic hands to use, I only have to move my finger tips and not my whole arm and wrist.

KeLa
December 18th, 2009, 02:46 PM

I think it's Track Point or something like that.

Do you have the alternate tip for that (that where top is sunken) that's is better for
my opinion (finger won't slip so easily)

btw. One time IBM had it also on the normal mouse instead of wheel :P
it was hilarious to use and one IBM software went grazy if you used it when the program was running. Thankfully that's not problem with think pad's mouse.

ubudog
December 18th, 2009, 09:17 PM

Yeah track point.

fromthehill
December 18th, 2009, 09:20 PM

you mean this one
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/appropriate_term.png

ubudog
December 18th, 2009, 09:29 PM
you mean this one
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/appropriate_term.png

deadalus.globalnode
December 18th, 2009, 09:33 PM
I use a logitech most of the time but when I use slackware I go hard core.

ubudog
December 18th, 2009, 09:34 PM
I use a logitech most of the time but when I use slackware I go hard core.

mivo
December 18th, 2009, 09:35 PM
A Razer Diamondback (chameleon version), a Razer Copperhead, and a Razer Lachesis. Hmm, there is a trend. :p (They are on different machines.)

ddarsow
December 18th, 2009, 09:36 PM
RocketFish RF-MSE12 wireless laser mouse with adjustable dpi setting.

LowSky
December 18th, 2009, 09:55 PM
A Razer Diamondback (chameleon version), a Razer Copperhead, and a Razer Lachesis. Hmm, there is a trend. :p (They are on different machines.)

I hate my Razer Lachesis, it was too uncomfortable and it made my hand sweat like a fat man in summer. Right now its pulling duty on my HTPC, it sad that such an expensive mouse is only being use to move files.

I use Logitech MX518 that the Razer was supposed to replace for the last 3-4 years, Its starting to look uglier than when it was new. I think I'll be buying a G500 or G9x sometime after X-mas.

JayKay3000
December 18th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Another pointless thread. But i'll roll with it. :popcorn:

Trust usb optical mouse.

3 buttons and a scroll wheel.

I think i'll convert to wireless mouse/keyboard sometime but wired were 'safer' for gaming. Nothing worse than the battery dying mid snipe.

witeshark17
December 18th, 2009, 10:31 PM
How about this: an Apple single button!

mivo
December 18th, 2009, 10:34 PM
I hate my Razer Lachesis, it was too uncomfortable and it made my hand sweat like a fat man in summer.

I agree. The Lachesis is my least favourite Razer mouse. I still somehow prefer the Diamondback, though the Copperhead is pretty nifty as well. I looked long and hard at the Naga. I really like its design and how it "feels" under your hand, but the side buttons were an overkill for what I use my mice for currently. It's marketed as a "MMOG mouse" anyway. Still, it's sexy.

KeLa
December 18th, 2009, 10:37 PM
I think i'll convert to wireless mouse/keyboard sometime but wired were 'safer' for gaming. Nothing worse than the battery dying mid snipe.

Worst thing i've tried was logitech DiNovo keyboard where stating to type numbers from number pad you had to hit 1 or to keys to wake the connection before you can enter any numbers with it) That's what you can expect from wireless where they have tuned for better battery life.

BrokenKingpin
December 18th, 2009, 10:50 PM
I voted for MS as it has been my main mouse for a while. It is an ergonomic lazer mouse, which is easily the most comfortable mouse I have ever had. I do have a few Logitech mouses for my other machines that are quite nice though.

ubudog
December 18th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Microsoft makes some nice mice and keyboards, but I think Logitech makes them better.

munky99999
December 18th, 2009, 11:08 PM
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/1316/fkzdrw6f0zstczxmedium.jpg

http://www.instructables.com/id/Mouse-Mouse!/

ubudog
December 18th, 2009, 11:16 PM
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/1316/fkzdrw6f0zstczxmedium.jpg

http://www.instructables.com/id/Mouse-Mouse!/

:lolflag::lolflag::lolflag::lolflag::lolflag:

Firestem4
December 18th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Razer Death Adder =) Most accurate and comfortable mouse ive ever used.

koleoptero
December 19th, 2009, 12:34 AM
I now use a microsoft wireless notebook. I had a verbatim one till last week, but its scrollwheel died. Before that I had a sweex. I've broken my fair share of mice this year.

coffeeandlinux
December 19th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Totally old school. IntelliMouse 1.3A with trackball. 8 years old and works just fine.

sgosnell
December 19th, 2009, 03:11 AM
I recently dug out a Fellowes MicroTrac trackball. It's very small, handheld, and I'm working on getting used to it. But the trackpad is still quicker and more convenient.

Extract_Here
December 19th, 2009, 03:17 AM
I use a silver wireless MS mouse laser optical great mouse for nice price had it for a while no problems.

Psumi
December 19th, 2009, 03:19 AM
I use iHome in conjunction with my iHome Keyboard.

markp1989
December 19th, 2009, 03:19 AM
OCZ behemoth all extra buttons work otb with arch (not tested ubuntu) used xbindkeys to have extra buttons open firefox and emesene.

Groucho Marxist
December 19th, 2009, 04:00 AM
Logitech wireless track-ball for me :)

Jackelope
December 19th, 2009, 05:41 AM
I just got a Logitech mouse and so far I'm happy. It has hyper scrolling, which sounds like a gimmick but is really useful.

coolbrook
February 1st, 2010, 07:05 PM
silver wireless MS mouse laser

I think this is what I want.

Xbehave
February 1st, 2010, 07:23 PM
I use a touchpad when doing everyday stuff, as it lets me use hands on both mouse and k/b at the same time.

I use a Thrust 6 button usb laser mouse (varispeed), when gaming/doing anything that requires serious mouse use.

p.s wireless mice FTL.

hard_i
February 1st, 2010, 07:28 PM
Logitech MX310 : )

dentharg
February 1st, 2010, 10:20 PM
Logitech M705 with Universal receiver. God mouse :)

NCLI
February 1st, 2010, 10:34 PM
I've been using a Logitech MX Revolution since it came out, but it's dying on me now, so I've ordered a brand-spanking new Logitech Performance MX to replace it. Both awesome mice though, definitely recommended.

Kai69
February 1st, 2010, 10:34 PM
Wireless Trust MI-4150K 4 buttons 1 wheel :D

I know,, Im lazy LOL

TheNessus
February 1st, 2010, 10:35 PM
Silverline wireless. Has a TINY usb card so it's really nifty with my lappy.

Jesus_Valdez
February 2nd, 2010, 12:26 AM
Logitech trackball.

Im a fan of the trackballs after read here on the forum about it. Now I can't picture me using a mouse.

scouser73
February 2nd, 2010, 06:18 PM
Belkin Optical Mouse

http://www.morecomputers.co.uk/openimages/Belkin/OR1230000050375.jpg

legolas_w
February 2nd, 2010, 07:03 PM
Hi,

I have a normal laser mouse but I ordered a Logitech MX anywhere. I think that is a fairly good mouse.

Thanks.