PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Firefox takes up the whole screen

solaralchemy
March 13th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Im sure the solution to this is simple. I have been running ubuntu for about a couple of months. And I have been letting one other person use my computer. I dont know how this happened but whenever I open the firefox browser it takes up the whole screen and I can't close it or minamize it. I have to go to FILE QUIT to exit firefox. Its not a major problem its just annoying and I would like to know how to fix it and get firefox back to the way it was before. None of the other programs like gimp or open office do this only firefox. Like I said the solution is probabley simple but it eludes me. Any help would be aprrecaited.

davec64
March 13th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Try pressing F11

It will take Firefox ouit of full screen mode. :)

solaralchemy
March 13th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Ha! Simple and it worked. Thank you this is why I love this forum even simple things are answered without much fuss.
Thank you

binbash
March 13th, 2009, 10:12 PM
compizconfig settings manager > workarounds plugin > untick legacy fullscreen support

davec64
March 13th, 2009, 10:14 PM
compizconfig settings manager > workarounds plugin > untick legacy fullscreen support

I knew there was something else as well!

calrogman
March 14th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Probably the Linux gods reminding you that if you are letting other people use your computer, you should have a guest account for them to use, so they don't break anything. And a backup of the /home/guest directory so you can periodically restore all the guest config files. Just a hint. ;)

boothruwindow
March 15th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Probably the Linux gods reminding you that if you are letting other people use your computer, you should have a guest account for them to use, so they don't break anything. And a backup of the /home/guest directory so you can periodically restore all the guest config files. Just a hint. ;)

I've got news - it has nothing to do with letting someone else use your computer. Nobody else uses mine, and I have the same problem, which keeps recurring. If I leave Firefox sitting Maximized, I have to hit F11 a couple of times because I've lost all my control buttons - this is starting to get really annoying, particularly in light of the fact that I never had to put up with anything like this in any browser I ever used (and I tried many) in Vista. Yes, that includes Firefox for Windows! So, I sure hope there's some Linux advocates with something more helpful to say on this.