PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Issue browsing windows domain shares from Ubuntu 8.10 smb

KiRBY66
March 12th, 2009, 09:08 PM
ok, I am very new to linux. I am a windows administrator. I have decided to give Ubuntu a try and all is very cool so far. Only prob i am really having at this point is trying to access my windows domain shares. I browse to "computer" then "network" then "windows networks" my domain is listed there. I click to access it, and it prompts me for my user domain credentials. I enter my info:
user
domain
password

click on "connect" and the prompt goes away then comes back asking for credentials again........any ideas ?

Thanks

Nevon
March 12th, 2009, 09:14 PM
ok, I am very new to linux. I am a windows administrator. I have decided to give Ubuntu a try and all is very cool so far. Only prob i am really having at this point is trying to access my windows domain shares. I browse to "computer" then "network" then "windows networks" my domain is listed there. I click to access it, and it prompts me for my user domain credentials. I enter my info:
user
domain
password

click on "connect" and the prompt goes away then comes back asking for credentials again........any ideas ?

Thanks

That means you're inputting the wrong credentials. If you're trying to access the windows shares, you should be entering your login information for Windows, right?

KiRBY66
March 12th, 2009, 09:32 PM
That means you're inputting the wrong credentials. If you're trying to access the windows shares, you should be entering your login information for Windows, right?

Yes, i am using my windows domain credentials. and i am using the correct ones, certainly not a noob to windows. :P