PDA

View Full Version : Blog post: "Good Linux Users Don’t Talk About Microsoft"

presence1960
March 12th, 2009, 05:01 PM
here is the text from an article I read. Just thought I would throw this out there.
For this article I’d like to take a different direction concerning Linux. Is it all too typical on the internet to hear a Linux user go full-on zealot style and say, "YEAH! I use Linux! F**k Microsoft! You people are sheeple! Down with the status quo!" Blah, blah, blah, frickin’ blah. Nobody cares. It’s as if a Linux user can’t possibly say anything about the operating system he or she uses without mentioning Microsoft and/or what most people use for their personal computing and how it’s "wrong/bad/evil", etc. To those zealots, I say unto thee: Shaddup. You’re not helping.

Truly happy Linux people couldn’t care less about Microsoft whatsoever. Instead, they just get down to business and make things work.

I have been echoing this sentiment since joining this forum. If we truly want to be helpful we shouldn't put others down or chastise them for things they like, use or have chosen. When we do this we effectively halt our ability to help someone. Don't think for a moment that Windows users aren't reading & browsing our forums.

Here is a link if anyone is interested so you can see this isn't my opinion only: http://www.pcmech.com/article/good-linux-users-dont-talk-about-microsoft/

Swagman
March 12th, 2009, 06:23 PM
When the OMG X VIRUZ IS gonna NOOK our c:\ emails from friends do the rounds I simply group reply with.

No Worries. This wont apply to me and leave it at that.

beniwtv
March 12th, 2009, 06:42 PM
presence1960, if I still had a thank button, I'd thank you for that post.

I do fully agree with you. I use Linux because I can tweak it until it works the way I like, so I can get things done. What other reason do I need to use Linux?

Yep, you guessed it, none.

Cheers,

The Titan
March 12th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Ya know, I completely agree with you. The thing is Linux isn't perfect either. It is far more secure and much faster because of the memory management. But it really does bug me when you see people using M$, Microsuck, Windowz, Windowez. The fact is that windows is still a usable and very respected operating system. (Ok, maybe not lately)

I have met many people that prefer Windows over Linux just because of the amount of software that is developed for it. (Games mainly)

That said, Linux still owns hardcore :D