PDA

View Full Version : If not Brown, then what?

Iandefor
December 28th, 2005, 08:57 PM
In case you hadn't noticed, brown is the default colour for Ubuntu, but a vast majority of Ubuntu users I've encountered thus far don't actually like brown. Apparently, even though ShipIt includes free doses of Xanthophilia ubuntii, not everyone would choose brown as their desktop's color. Well, I have a hypothetical question to pose to the community: if it came down to you, what would the Ubuntu colour be?

Lord Illidan
December 28th, 2005, 09:11 PM
I like blue as default... though I am fine with white, grey, black etc. Though it doesn't really affect me, as I prefer Kubuntu.

Buffalo Soldier
December 28th, 2005, 09:11 PM
GNOME and Human/Brown theme fan. Then again I guess I belong in the minority :p

Iandefor
December 28th, 2005, 09:18 PM
GNOME and Human/Brown theme fan. Then again I guess I belong in the minority :p So far, Brown beats out all the others. Not quite a minority yet.

xequence
December 28th, 2005, 09:24 PM
I like corporate industrial colours.

The fedora core look rocks.

matthew
December 28th, 2005, 09:32 PM
I like the brown look as it is unique...that said, I change my desktop frequently (like twice a week sometimes) so the default isn't a big issue to me. To stick with the idea of being unique maybe something like green, or perhaps a dark color theme?

Lord Illidan
December 28th, 2005, 09:36 PM
Green is not that unique.. SUSE's chameleon thing is all greenish though the panel is silver. Nice look, btw... but I hate that reptile staring out of my desktop, it gives me a fright, hehe..

matthew
December 28th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Green is not that unique.. SUSE's chameleon thing is all greenish though the panel is silver. Nice look, btw... but I hate that reptile staring out of my desktop, it gives me a fright, hehe..Oh, yeah. I forgot about Suse.

nemik
December 28th, 2005, 09:48 PM
i'm a big fan of the brown/human theme. i say stick with that.

Iandefor
December 28th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Green is not that unique.. SUSE's chameleon thing is all greenish though the panel is silver. Nice look, btw... but I hate that reptile staring out of my desktop, it gives me a fright, hehe.. Yeah, but that's just the logo, it's not actually incorporated into the interface beyond the background.

Tmyers
December 28th, 2005, 09:59 PM
I think brown is fine and I dont think that it should be changed. ;)

detyabozhye
December 29th, 2005, 12:06 AM
I say a light colored theme or a greyish type. Although I sort of got used to brown, it makes a bad first impression.

chimera
December 29th, 2005, 12:48 AM
I like the brown default.

BWF89
December 29th, 2005, 01:21 AM
I don't care for the brown theme. It reminds me of diarrhea.

Nimefurahi
December 29th, 2005, 01:44 AM
Buffalo Soldier spoke my heart.

Brown is the majorial human color if we really care to take notice, athough all colors are in the image of God. When I think human "color" I think brown. When I think Ubuntu, I think brown. My Ubuntu will always be brown.

Iandefor
December 29th, 2005, 04:08 AM

Brown is the majorial human color if we really care to take notice, athough all colors are in the image of God. When I think human "color" I think brown. When I think Ubuntu, I think brown. My Ubuntu will always be brown. Exactly. Brown is the colour of Humanity, in my opinion.

amohanty
December 29th, 2005, 04:12 AM
deep aquamarine... :)

detyabozhye
December 29th, 2005, 04:14 AM
Well, i think a light tan might work better than the current dark brown, especially on the wallp, it's too dark. 5.04 had a lighter wallp.

Qrk
December 29th, 2005, 06:48 AM
I would like a nice tan or green. (probably not together)

I like the idea of brown... its a little different and is not blue. But being different with a nicer colour would be even better. Green still gets the same "earthy" tone as the brown but is a little easier on the eyes.

Ubuntu would be just as "ubuntu" with a forest green theme, in my opinion.

Gray.
December 29th, 2005, 08:07 AM
Brown is good.

Kuolio
December 29th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Pink!

Lovechild
December 29th, 2005, 09:25 AM
I for one don't really like the fact that my desktop is not by default the same color as poo, I favor a blue/green vibrant approach - like Fedora' new look.

mcduck
December 29th, 2005, 09:32 AM
I kind of like the brown theme. I'm not using it, but I like it. It gives warm feeling to desktop. (And even if everybody I've installed Ubuntu have said something like "wtf? it's brown!", most of them are still using the default theme ;) )

The next option would be green. It has the same earthly feeling that brown has, but without all those negative feelings that brown seems to cause in some people.

Blue? Even pink would be better. (altough I'd feel a bit stupid installing an OS with a barbie color scheme :P )

detyabozhye
December 29th, 2005, 10:03 AM
Actually pink wouldn't look that bad if done right, but it'd still be labeled "girly".

poofyhairguy
December 29th, 2005, 10:07 AM
I like the brown default, even if I turn it to blue in 2 seconds after a install. If there are people or markets that Ubuntu "loses" because of its color, I say their loss.

commodore
December 29th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Pink would be great! Pink wouldn't look girly, Gentoo is purple! The combination of pink, purple and white would be even better. I voted for brown before I read the thread through :D

Supermouse
December 29th, 2005, 12:50 PM
I put my desk in a dark theme 0,2 seconds after the install, but that's because:

- I don't really like brown...

- I'm not an artist, so I don't have the creativity to get an cool desktop in another color.

so, I think that green would be nice. with a shiny green wallpaper, and a cool green theme, Ubuntu would be great. after all, they would put some effort, and make something real nice, not something stupid like I always do when I try any color that's not black...

Buffalo Soldier
December 29th, 2005, 01:18 PM

Exactly. Brown is the colour of Humanity, in my opinion.

Brown is good.
Brown is not the majority. Blue/Green is leading. But it's nice not to feel alone :)

p/s: I am a Malay... one of the ethnics in Malaysia... majority of us are brown or tan... I guess that kinda explains why I like brown.

Wolki
December 29th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Brown is fine with me... It really grows on you, and Human cairo is nice.

Green would probably be a nice choice too, but no blue as it's sooo overdone. I like the idea of red highlights with a grey base, but too much red might be alarming. ^^;;

fuscia
December 29th, 2005, 02:49 PM
how about fuchsia?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuchsia_%28color%29

ember
December 29th, 2005, 03:35 PM
I join the blue/green party. It always choose blue as base color for my desktop. And I admit, I am attracted by the FC style, too.

Lord Illidan
December 29th, 2005, 03:43 PM
I will always remember the Fedora Style (Fedora Core 1) as the best Gnome I have ever seen...mmm... I love Bluecurve.

Brown on a wallpaper is nice, but on the panels, it makes me sick.

Lovechild
December 29th, 2005, 03:44 PM
how about fuchsia?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuchsia_%28color%29

Because the Barbie color scheme is a step up from poo ?

If that happens I'll be thankful for the GNOME theming system, because it will, without a doubt, be the first to go.

asimon
December 29th, 2005, 03:56 PM
I fancy that instead of the current brown something which more bleeds into orange tones could be nice too.

fuscia
December 29th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Because the Barbie color scheme is a step up from poo ?

you're on crack.:rolleyes:

TeeAhr1
December 29th, 2005, 04:44 PM
I like the brown theme. I've totally changed my desktop up, using components of several different themes, but I do like the brown as a background (not so much for the window theme, though). Presently, I'm going back and forth between these two (http://art.ubuntu.com/backgrounds/ubuntu/83) backgrounds (http://art.ubuntu.com/backgrounds/ubuntu/77), both of which I found on Ubuntu Art and make great use of the color scheme.

That said, I'm surprised to see so much poll support for it, after all the bitching I've heard on the forums ;-)

Iandefor
December 29th, 2005, 06:15 PM
how about fuchsia?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuchsia_%28color%29 Uggh... how horrible a colour.

That said, I'm surprised to see so much poll support for it, after all the bitching I've heard on the forums :wink: You're not the only one who's surprised.

Brown is not the majority. Blue/Green is leading. But it's nice not to feel alone :smile: It had been in the majority when I said so, though.

Mr_J_
December 29th, 2005, 06:18 PM
It's also pretty easy to change the theme to one of your liking.

Ubuntu comes with a bunch of them for your enjoyment.

Leave the brown alone!:D

Maybe a couple of Human like themes in those colours.

fuscia
December 29th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Uggh... how horrible a colour.

i'm sure it's just your monitor.:???:

Iandefor
December 29th, 2005, 07:02 PM
i'm sure it's just your monitor.:???: Must be. The colour I saw was utterly horrible.

commodore
December 29th, 2005, 07:53 PM
fuchsia is just like pink. It looks very, very cool.

fuscia
December 29th, 2005, 08:07 PM
fuchsia is just like pink. It looks very, very cool.

finally! a voice of reason.

bugaman
December 29th, 2005, 09:41 PM
I voted other, and was going to make some jokes about a default Hello Kitty theme, but actually, I like the brown. Even though my current desktop is 99% black space, with tiny gray letters and no icons...

truthfatal
December 29th, 2005, 10:59 PM
Brown suits Ubuntu. It's soft on the eyes and brain ... good for study environments.

Iandefor
December 31st, 2005, 12:56 AM
Brown suits Ubuntu. It's soft on the eyes and brain ... good for study environments. I find that as well. Just more reason for me to use the Human theme.

Omnios
December 31st, 2005, 01:01 AM
Id stick with brown but would get a hole bunch of photo shots of different shades of sand and use a combination of the best.

fordfan753
December 31st, 2005, 01:08 AM
I like light themes, at the moment I'm using a theme I found on gnomelook.org called water vapor, and it looks pretty cool. For me, the main thing to focus on would be the window decorations, because with a tiny antique 14" monitor, I don't see much of the desktop background.

jsmidt
December 31st, 2005, 01:08 AM
I use Ubuntu not Kubuntu though prefere Kubuntu's colors.

Iandefor
December 31st, 2005, 01:09 AM
I voted other, and was going to make some jokes about a default Hello Kitty theme, but actually, I like the brown. Even though my current desktop is 99% black space, with tiny gray letters and no icons... Heeey... I like the idea of a Hello Kitty theme. anyone want to make a start on that :-D?

Nimefurahi
December 31st, 2005, 01:46 AM
Brown is not the majority. Blue/Green is leading.

You mean to say, dear brother from Kuala Lumpur, that Blue/Green may be leading in this poll. When I say brown is the majorial color, I'm refering to the various and beautiful hues that package humanity. Certainly more of us are brown than not. I have seen a few light complected people who have turned "blue" when they overstay their visit in the ocean. They're OK. They're just very wet and cold. The "green" people I stay away from. They are Martian.

Arktis
December 31st, 2005, 04:48 AM
Perhaps if there is a change, then the resulting new theme should be a brown and blue mix, since those colors go together very well.

brown
blue
white (text field background)
black (text)
gray (controls and window backgrounds)

This would look full and clean if done appropriately. I'm also a fan of rounded window borders on both the top and bottom.

jeremy
December 31st, 2005, 07:20 PM
Ubuntu - Distro browns, distro thickens.

Sorry! Stream of conciousness there!

earobinson
December 31st, 2005, 07:24 PM
why change a good thing, brown, tried tested and true

pharcyde
December 31st, 2005, 10:26 PM
I'm a fan of the soft brown and orange colors. I also like light white/blue themes.

Buffalo Soldier
January 10th, 2006, 02:57 AM
Is there any brown/Human theme for KDE? I would love to try KDE with that.

manicka
January 10th, 2006, 03:44 AM
I've tried lots of different themes but keep coming back to variations of brown.... it's nice (imo).
It also makes Ubuntu stand out from the rest. Whether you like brown or not, it's unique.

detyabozhye
January 10th, 2006, 04:28 AM
Well, at least it make it lighter, it's too dark brown, IMO, especially the default walp.

neoflight
January 10th, 2006, 06:02 AM
ask our girlfriends...and select something they dont like....:o

Spark*
January 10th, 2006, 06:26 AM
I like the brown, but I like green even better. Don't know why blue and green where put together? Brown with green highlights could be cool and unique.

BoyOfDestiny
January 10th, 2006, 07:39 AM
Hmm... I like blue, actually I'd like to try a dark theme, but none seem to have the right amount of contrast (something like pastel light gray and black or blue would work I think). Feel free to recommend one...

Sorry for the rant, the main point is I can choose clear looks and have plenty of blue (under dapper even more so). As long as there is a choice I'm happy.

Azriphale
January 10th, 2006, 11:35 AM
I would go for a fairly dark blue and different shades of gray.

When I get home later, I will post a shot of the WinXP theme I made a few years ago. Altho its not perfect, but I stopped having time to find everything I needed to change.
I wouldn't mind something similar for my linux desktop.

ctt1wbw
January 10th, 2006, 01:19 PM
What can Brown do for you?

Artificial Intelligence
January 10th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Voted Brown. Though I don't use it, it's nice that Ubuntu have a unique look as default compared to other distros.

nkhansen
January 10th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Voted Brown. I simply love the earthy feeling. I actually changed my SuSE box at work (GNOME) to the Human theme. My collegues now avoid me. Sigh...

Derek Djons
January 10th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Actualy every color would do as long as it would be nice to look at for the majority of people.

But since I know what the colours mean it's hard for me to see the colours dissapear without the founder wanting it. Though I already applied an other theme I'm glad it's being provided Brown by default.

LanceM
January 10th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Brown. I guess if I used KDE I would have selected blue.

carlosqueso
January 10th, 2006, 09:39 PM
It really doesn't matter....I'd change it anyway...:-p

Stormy Eyes
January 10th, 2006, 09:46 PM
*shrug* Use any color you like. If I don't like it, I'll change it.

bored2k
January 10th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Dark Blood Red

Arktis
January 10th, 2006, 10:35 PM
Brown and blue, brown and blue, I say! They go well together. Let the rest of the important parts of the interface be gray and white and black like people are used to.

Iandefor
January 11th, 2006, 12:53 AM
*shrug* Use any color you like. If I don't like it, I'll change it. Meh... that's beside the point. It was a not-so-cleverly veiled way of asking: what colour scheme do you like best? It was presented in a hypothetical question. Now: What colour scheme do you like best?

Elader
January 11th, 2006, 03:30 AM
I would prefer a dark green and silver theme, although I do really love the brown and all it means.

GoUbuntu
March 29th, 2006, 03:24 AM
Hi,

When I compare my desktop to the desktop on my girlfriend's mac, hers looks much more attractive. It draws you in because it seems to be much more pleasant to work in.

I think the dark brown can be a bit depressing at times.

I would really love to see a brighter, more inviting and attractive wallpaper.

I'm sure that this would help us draw laypeople to the OS too, especially if they are comparing us against the others, even XP has a "happy" wallpaper by default. You don't get a second chance to make a first impression.

Cheers,
GoUbuntu

adrenaline
March 29th, 2006, 03:30 AM
I agree that a new wallpaper would be a nice change. I would be surprised if they didn't dish out a new one to compliment the new theme and icons. Perhaps an orange one to match the new theme?

NeghVar
March 29th, 2006, 03:41 AM
I don't really see the point eh, I mean its easy enough to change, I know mine is changed within 30 seconds of setting up the computer. Although I do agree with the whole brown thing, blue would be nicer.

bvc
March 29th, 2006, 03:44 AM
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DapperUbuntuDesktop

htinn
March 29th, 2006, 04:33 AM
I, for one, would like to see more naked people. :D

Iandefor
March 29th, 2006, 04:57 AM
Yeah, I liked Hoary's brighter desktop better than the current one. Does anybody know where I can find Hoary's wallpaper? I'm starting to miss it.

I, for one, would like to see more naked people. :grin: Then go hang out in a nudist colony. The default desktop's no place for a naked person :)!

vayu
March 29th, 2006, 05:13 AM
For me the brown gave me a great 1st impression. It was warm and inviting. It didn't take long until it was too much, (and also very easy to change). I don't think it's possible to pick a theme that will be universally well received. I believe that regardless of what scheme is chosen that there should be several well done but totally different themes included in a default install.

mrgnash
March 29th, 2006, 05:44 AM
Meh. I always thought the default colour scheme and wallpaper for Ubuntu was one of the most appealing things about it from an aesthetic standpoint. It clearly distinguishes it from all the other slinky little OSX wannabes out there; it looks more earthy and I guess, 'human' ;)

That being said, I'm sure most people would, like myself, change the default theme and perhaps even the entire desktop environment so I don't see it as being a big deal either way. As far as 'first impressions' are concerned though, I think the Ubuntu team do a bang-up job in all respects.

aysiu
March 29th, 2006, 05:50 AM
If not Brown, then what? (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=109397)

Why is the default theme brown? (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=101777)

Do you still use the human-theme? (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=99784)

Who likes the default Ubuntu theme? (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=45566)

mstlyevil
March 29th, 2006, 05:55 AM
I am going to merge this thread with another.

aysiu
March 29th, 2006, 05:57 AM
I am going to merge this thread with another. Yay! By the way, that's why one of my links just goes straight to this one.

PsychoTrauma
March 29th, 2006, 06:20 AM
I think a olive clearlooks theme would be pretty nice as default since it would be more unique than using blue and easier on the eyes than the brown.

Virogenesis
March 29th, 2006, 06:35 AM
Three reasons why I dlislike brown

1. It does not symbol earthly...... Blue = water , White = light, green = nature , red = fire , yellow = sun

2. brown doesn't help my focus very well t I seem to put in d a sad state of mind

3. reminds me of that smelly s***

4. doesn't go well with wallpapers

Black glossy gtk with a white background it carries two meaing . Unity and nature if they wallpaper has a feather

amunimanghi
March 29th, 2006, 09:52 AM
blue, green, black, white...not brown...it looks like half-life :p

Bender the Robot
March 29th, 2006, 11:46 AM
If I wanted blue or green I would stick with Windows.

graabein
March 29th, 2006, 12:54 PM
If I wanted blue or green I would stick with Windows.
;)

I like the default brown thus far (breezy) but I can also envision a dark brown and maybe white/gray theme with some kind of blue wallpaper looking good. Those colors can look good together if you pick the right ones and still keep some kind of Ubuntu brown uniqueness. All brown might be a bit much, it tends to be gloomy...

I am not high on the orange themes I've seen thus far. Orange is too loud for my taste.

Anyway I trust the guys responsible will make the right decision with regards to the default theme and also include som alternative themes or at least colormaps without the user having to download art-gnome etc.

I'm optimistic! And don't forget about XGL!! How long till dapper!!? :D

darkmatter
March 29th, 2006, 12:57 PM
I say green.... it's sexay :mrgreen:

http://ubuntuforums.org/gallery/files/2/8/2/9/1/Screenshot_827207_thumb.jpg (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/gallery/showimage.php?i=2331&c=2)

I'm optimistic! And don't forget about XGL!! How long till dapper!!? :D

June 1st ;)

fuscia
March 29th, 2006, 03:21 PM
heliotrope might be nice.

mips
March 29th, 2006, 05:17 PM
I would like to see a green theme. Something that is like a emerald/forest/dark olive colour. Anybody know of a KDE one ?

Mathias-K
March 29th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Voted other for Orange! I really liked the freshness of the distro when the orange theme got into Dapper. I was almost changing from Kubuntu right away ;)

bvc
March 30th, 2006, 07:53 AM
Since we know what the icons will be (orange) why wasn't that a choice? Oh it was.... Other (Specify)? :rolleyes:

So we have people switching DE's because of color (from a de that is easy to change color), and people willing to use windows if ubuntu was blue or green :-k

I couldn't vote Blue/Green because I didn't want to be lumped in with the Blue crowd though I like something green. So I voted Other for Orange/Green/Brown :mrgreen:

I don't think much will change concerning the direction the default is going so the best thing anyone can do is participate in the AdditionalThemes (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArtworkTeam/AdditionalThemes?highlight=%28theme%29) and let your voice (https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-art) or artistic (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArtworkTeam/Silicon?highlight=%28silicon%29) abilities (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArtworkTeam/SandSkater?highlight=%28sand%29) be shown there.

Since these colors have been mentioned, I'll mention them here. By request/suggestion, I've put forth these at ubuntu-art but no one has replied :-k
Dapper-Drake (http://kwh.kernow-gb.com/~bvc/theme/screenshots/Dapper-Drake.jpg)
Dapper-Duck (http://kwh.kernow-gb.com/~bvc/theme/screenshots/Dapper-Duck.jpg)
Dapper-Ducky (http://kwh.kernow-gb.com/~bvc/theme/screenshots/Dapper-Ducky.jpg)
Dapper-Duckling (http://kwh.kernow-gb.com/~bvc/theme/screenshots/Dapper-Duckling.jpg) (not finished-ignore the yellow)
Go here (https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-art) if you want to comment or try them out.

Time and again people have asked for more artwork/choices and now is the time. The concept has been accepted, but people need to get behind something and let their voice be heard. If you don't, don't come back after Dapper is released and ask for more choices!!!

Good Day!

K.Mandla
March 30th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Brown doesn't bother me, but I change it to blue almost right away. I'm into the Tango theme these days. ... :)

mcduck
March 30th, 2006, 10:44 AM
As long as Ubuntu is not blue, I'm happy. Blue/grey themes are overused in computers. It's like "we didn't come up with any cool theme, so now it's blue and grey just like everything else". (not to say that people who like it would suck, but that it's very boring default theme) I remember even DOS Shell using blue/grey by default :)

elamericano
March 30th, 2006, 12:38 PM
I had a tan desktop before I found Ubuntu. I guess we were on the same wavelength.

awakatanka
March 30th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Kubuntu should have new colors, colors that make it unique like ubuntu to.

sophtpaw
March 30th, 2006, 02:45 PM
In case you hadn't noticed, brown is the default colour for Ubuntu, but a vast majority of Ubuntu users I've encountered thus far don't actually like brown. Apparently, even though ShipIt includes free doses of Xanthophilia ubuntii, not everyone would choose brown as their desktop's color. Well, I have a hypothetical question to pose to the community: if it came down to you, what would the Ubuntu colour be?

By the way its not brown. The color is SAFARI! and i like it alot. Makes me wanna put my khakis on - yeah....

-
sophtpaw

ComplexNumber
March 30th, 2006, 03:13 PM
i chose brown because its a very earthy and neutral colour. its like black - anything can look good with it.

anything as long its not that awful blue thats associated with kde....its far too sickly.

PatrickMay16
March 30th, 2006, 05:45 PM
The default look and colours of Windows 2000 professional is my favorite default look of any operating system.
These days in all the themes there seems to be loads of gradient colours. In the windows 2000 look, only the title bar has a gradient. The rest is all nice and sharp looking.

easyease
March 30th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Id like to see a night time scheme and a day scheme. black borders and bright green text for night, and a red with black text for day.

xenmax
March 30th, 2006, 08:03 PM
I voted Blue/Green for Green. i think a theme based majorly on darker shades of green would rock :cool:

GoUbuntu
March 30th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Bright Orange!

'nuff said.

Cheers,
GoUbuntu

jandi
April 23rd, 2006, 09:28 PM
I actually like the brown theme. Its quite refreshing and different from all the blue themes out there and easy on the eys.

unbuntu
April 23rd, 2006, 09:31 PM
I voted white/light, but I prefer light blue, which isn't on the list. Although there's a blue/green on the list, but I don't think green is suitable for desktop.

openmind
April 23rd, 2006, 09:40 PM
I originally voted for Blue/Green, but The new Brown/Orange theme has really grown on me! I'm using Human everything! (Can I change my vote?)

Iandefor
April 23rd, 2006, 09:49 PM
I voted white/light, but I prefer light blue, which isn't on the list. Although there's a blue/green on the list, but I don't think green is suitable for desktop. I intended it as an either/or- Blue or green.

I originally voted for Blue/Green, but The new Brown/Orange theme has really grown on me! I'm using Human everything! (Can I change my vote?) Yeah, new Human is growing on me, too. And no, votes can't be changed.

Mathias-K
April 23rd, 2006, 10:12 PM
Having used Ubuntu Dapper Beta for a couple of days my only comment to the question of this thread is: Orange!

Christmas
April 23rd, 2006, 11:02 PM
I voted blue. I still love this color over the Ubuntu's default. When I tried to use the brown theme and saw some screenshots of a blue theme it looked to me so relaxing, nicer, so I changed it. Another color that I think it'd be great for Ubuntu is green. Take a look at Minnamurra (http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=28204) theme on http://www.gnome-look.org. It just rocks (well, except for the icons, but that can be changed).

detyabozhye
April 24th, 2006, 06:53 PM
The Human theme in Dapper is very nice. In Breezy and lower, nope.

crhylove
April 25th, 2006, 02:18 AM
Given the revolutionary nature of Linux, and Ubuntu in particular, and the political leanings at least here in California (and probably Europe as well) of most intellectuals actually using and INSTALLING ubuntu, A heavy vote for green is in order. I don't think I've seen a really nice looking green color scheme, though. It'd have to be something REALLY nicely done like an organic plant/jungle type look. Something really clean and FRESH looking. Not some crappy computer like green.

My two cents. First post. Nice to meet ya!