PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No compiz wallpaper after stand-by

daveybops
March 11th, 2009, 01:43 PM
I have been a Micro$oft "power-user" and repair technician for a few years now but I'm growing to love Ubuntu and boot into that more frequently than M$ at home.

I got an Acer Aspire One with 120GB HD. Upgraded the RAM to 1GB (from 512MB), wiped off Linpus, loaded Ubuntu Intrepid (GNome), tweaked it, swapped the wireless module to an Intel (spare from work), disabled Nautilus drawing the wallpaper and set compiz to draw four different jpegs 1024x600 on each side of the cube (3d cube spinning works a treat). Even got a 2048x1024 skydome working with not shoddy frame-rate.

I have found a bug that i don't get with my desktop. Whenever I come out of suspend/hibernate, I have no wallpapers. I'm not sure about the skydome since I've only just added that feature.

One obvious fix is to use the compiz icon to reload compiz upon resume. I can also go into compiz, and switch the wallpaper off and on again and it works. But is there a fix? Or some script I can use to reload compiz or the wallpaper component on resume?

Thanks for any help!

Dave