PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Hard Drives not recognized by Kubuntu 7.10

pzell929
March 10th, 2009, 10:46 PM
I'm trying to install Kubuntu 7.10 on my computer from a USB stick (I want to run linuxmce). When I get to the point where it asks me for the install location, none of my hdds are listed. I currently have Kubuntu 8.10 installed on the computer and it boots up and recognizes all 4 of my SATA hdds, but for some reason when I try to install 7.10 I get nothing. I can hit ctrl-alt-f1 and use fdisk, but that only shows the usb disk I'm installing from.
I've messed around with the bios settings with no success; I don't think it's a bios issue though because 8.10 runs and recognizes the drives fine.
Anybody have an idea of what the problem may be?

Neo_The_User
March 10th, 2009, 11:51 PM
Make sure you have your hard drive connected when installing Kubuntu X.XX

pzell929
March 11th, 2009, 03:56 AM
I visually and manually inspected all hard drive connections before powering on. The problem persists.

I can boot into my existing Kubuntu installation, run fdisk, gparted, etc, and all of them recognize every hard drive with no problem.
I can use an Ubuntu 8.10 live cd and see all drives and partitions with no problem. When it comes to Kubuntu 7.10 I get nothing. I'm hitting a brick wall. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Neo_The_User
March 11th, 2009, 04:45 AM
Why you want 7.10 if you got 8.10 anyway?

pzell929
March 11th, 2009, 05:04 AM
If you read my first post you would see that I'm trying to use the linuxmce software that is only compatible with 7.10.

Neo_The_User
March 11th, 2009, 05:21 AM
If you read my first post you would see that I'm trying to use the linuxmce software that is only compatible with 7.10.

Yeah... i just skimmed it over.