PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Fresh Fine Installation fails te reboot

playmobiel
March 10th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Hi, I'm having a weird problem here.

To make a lang story short, my windows xp installation was messed up again. So I thought, let's install windows xp again. When the installation wizard started, and i tried formatting my hard drive, it gives an error, can't format the drive. No specifc error. So I tried installing ubuntu on the same hard disk. Installation gave no problems; ubuntu gives the message:

Installation succesful, reboot now. But ubuntu simply won't shut down. I just gives me a black screen whith a blinking cursur. I think, no problem, the installation was succesful anyway, so i do a hard reboot. But the bios gives an error, no OS found.

I decided to install xp again, on that same hard disk, now it worked like a charm.

Few days later, i messed up my xp installation again, and tried te reinstall fails, tru ubuntu again ... just the same story all the way.

I don't know what to do.

please help...

jimmyhacker
March 10th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Let`s think....Ubuntu types a new MBR in the end of Windows`s,On re-installing Windows is erased the MBR,and Ubuntu re-types on MBR.

playmobiel
March 11th, 2009, 02:05 PM
almost, i have windows mbr, windows fails to partionate, no mbr... ubuntu installs new mbr,... but does not boot...