PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Gnome Power Manager keeps getting added and starting

rrwo
March 10th, 2009, 09:11 PM
I've upgraded to Xfce 4.6 (from Xfce's site, not XUbuntu) and removed the Xfce 4.4 packages. I am using Xfce's power manager instead of Gnome Power Manager, since it now supports suspending and hibernating when laptop lid is closed, etc.

Whenever I log in, Gnome Power Manager (GPM) is started along side Xfce Power Manager, and I have to manually kill it.

I've checked, and there are no saved sessions in .cache/sessions.

It's not enabled in Xfce's Autostarted Applications (now in the Session Management Applet).

Odd thing is that there is an unchecked reference to it in Autostarted Applications that I am unable to remove. If I manually go to .config/autostart and remove the file gnome-power-manager.desktop (which just says "Hidden=True" and nothing else), then the file is re-added, and is enabled in Autostarted Applications.

So something is adding GPM and enabling it. The question is: what?

rrwo
March 11th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Ok, two issues:
(1) it was in /etc/xdg/autostart - removing this got rid of it in the Autostarted Applications screen, but it would still start automatically in login
(2) I had to delete the file /usr/share/dbus-1/servicesgnome-power-manager.service

That seems to have fixed it. Now to post some gripes about configuration onto Ubuntu Brainstorm....

The Recorder
March 11th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Applications > Settings > Session and Startup > Advanced

Are you sure that you don't have "Launch GNOME services on startup" checked?