PDA

View Full Version : [C++] Gui

detorresrc
March 10th, 2009, 04:27 AM
Hi i want to create gui in c++ with form,textbox,button , etc.. Wat libraries i need to use?

Tnx

digital_x
March 10th, 2009, 04:46 AM
That really depends. There are a number of toolkits you can use for creating a gui. Some examples are GTK+ (which is written in C but has a C++ binding called gtkmm), QT, wxWidgets and more. Each of the ones I mentioned also have RAD gui builders as well for speady development. Its really going to be a choice of preference. You will just have to try out the viable options and see which you like. I personally like GTK (and no I am not advocating, just stating my preference) because of its compatibility and bindings with a vast number of languages. There is no defacto standard though, so its up to you to decide which you want to use.

detorresrc
March 10th, 2009, 06:03 AM
tnx for your reply, can u give me a link were can i download that libraries. Tnx so much.

Sinkingships7
March 10th, 2009, 06:03 AM
You'll want to take into consideration the platform you're developing the application for. Qt feels more "at home" on a Windows system than GTK. But GTK, of course, feels just right for Ubuntu and other Gnome based Linux distros.

Qt's native binding is for C++, and I've heard great things about it. In fact, I plan on exploring it myself sometime in the near future. So if you want to go the "natural" way, then this may be right for you.

cabalas
March 10th, 2009, 09:17 AM
tnx for your reply, can u give me a link were can i download that libraries. Tnx so much.

Most of the libraries can be found in apt

nvteighen
March 10th, 2009, 09:40 AM
To download, get the *-dev packages from apt. Also the *-doc packages to have the documentation when you're offline. This is true for any library you want to use for development :) (except ncurses, which for some weird reason, doesn't have a -doc package but includes the docs in its -dev package...)

Tibuda
March 10th, 2009, 02:52 PM
You'll want to take into consideration the platform you're developing the application for. Qt feels more "at home" on a Windows system than GTK. But GTK, of course, feels just right for Ubuntu and other Gnome based Linux distros.Untrue. GTK+ feels "at home" in Windows too. Just look at Deluge and Pidgin. They are both GTK+ and looks good in both OSs.

krazyd
March 10th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Untrue. GTK+ feels "at home" in Windows too. Just look at Deluge and Pidgin. They are both GTK+ and looks good in both OSs.
Not in KDE though ;)

Zdravko
March 10th, 2009, 04:02 PM
I use FLTK.

abhilashm86
March 10th, 2009, 04:04 PM
you can start off with qt 4.5, it supports linux,
qt 4.5 (http://www.qtsoftware.com/)

you actually find qt creator which has great things like code completion, integration with OPENGL and many others, you can download at their site( if you want qt 4.5 latest).
http://www.qtsoftware.com/products , check here for more info.........

Simian Man
March 10th, 2009, 04:14 PM

If you intend to do anything serious with programming, I'd like to introduce you to my good friend Google. Google, detorresrc; detorresrc, Google. Now that that's out of the way you will get better results asking about programming if you do research ahead of time and then ask specific questions later. Proper English doesn't hurt either.