PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Left handed mouse, right handed trackpad?

Bogdanovist
March 9th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Hi all, if anyone could solve this problem for me I would greatly appreciate it. I have been using Ubuntu on a Toshiba Satellite laptop for a couple of weeks now, everything is working fine (as far as I can tell!), but I have one nagging thing I can't work out. I would like to set up the preferences such that an external mouse is configured for a left handed user (so left and right button function switched) BUT I want the trackpad buttons to stay right handed.

On my windows partition this is how it behaves if I just change the mouse preferences, and I used to have Red Hat on this laptop and it did the same. Ubuntu is perhaps being too clever for me by also switching the trackpad buttons, which I don't want.

Anyone know how I can set this up as desired?

(P.S. apologies if this is in the wrong forum, answered elsewhere etc etc, I have had a good look and search and this seemed to be the best place to ask)

Edit: Forgot to point out, I'm using Gnome (I'm just using the default setup from the latest Ubuntu version download, which appears to be Gnome).

Bogdanovist
March 10th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Is there a better forum to post this in?