PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Windows Non-Functional When too Many Open

cully
March 9th, 2009, 08:51 AM
I'm running KDE 4.2 on Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex). The problem I've been having is that when I open "too many" windows (I don't know if there's an exact number) the window will show up, but won't ever refresh. I can click on buttons, type in text boxes, etc. and I don't actually see a change, but the button gets clicked, text gets typed into the text box, etc. So, the interface is working (I can interact with it), but I don't actually see a change. It might as well be blank. I have no trouble closing the window.

When this happens and I really need to open and interact with a window, I'll close the window, go and close another window, and then open the previous one. It will work fine.

I say "window" instead of application or program because this happens if I open up the configuration window of a program or whatever other windows I can open in a program (file dialogs, etc.).

I really don't even know how to begin looking into this. It's hard to search for similar issues too :) Any help would be appreciated.

Cully

cully
March 10th, 2009, 05:55 AM
So I've found that if I maximize and then "unmaximize" a window, it will start working. When it maximizes, it turns totally black. After unmaximizing, it functions correctly.

Also, I've noticed that sometimes changing the size of an already functioning window or maximizing it, will cause it to stop working.