PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] :? How to STOP screen lock in latest KDE4.2

james_xxx
March 9th, 2009, 07:14 AM
In Kubuntu 8.10, since upgrading to the latest 4.2 (from ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-experimental) on both a desktop and a laptop, I am having to enter a password to unlock the screen after the machines have been idle for a bit. I found two different items related to screen-locking in the settings, but no matter what I try to get the screen-locking to stop, it will not go away.

Would anyone have a suggestion?

Monsieur Gonzalez
March 9th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Hi!!

Have you tried changing the energy settings for Powerdevil? You'll find them in System Settings, Advanced Tab.

Good luck.

james_xxx
March 9th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Thank you very much! The settings for PowerDevil are what needed to be changed. Various issues related to power management in KDE4 have become quite confusing, in my opinion.

Counting the settings for PowerDevil, it would appear that there are three different places in the settings where there are options for screen locking, which (to me) makes absolutely no sense.

Monsieur Gonzalez
March 9th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Glad I could be of help. Powerdevil seems to be more focused to laptop computers; anyway, KDE 4.x series is just beginning, I guess it'll all get better with time.