PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Reinstall Default Desktop Effects

Clippy
March 9th, 2009, 02:49 AM
Hi all,

I recently uninstalled Compiz-Fusion, and I can't seem to figure out how to reinstall the "basic" desktop settings (if I remember correctly it was in System > Preferences > Desktop Settings). I'm sure this is a really simple thing, but I can't seem to find anything about this online (guess it's too dumb a question even for the internet, lol!). Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Clippy

73ckn797
March 9th, 2009, 02:59 AM
Try this entry in Applications/Accessories/Terminal

./compiz-checkYou may be able to disable compiz and return to the Metacity, default, manager. There are several questions to answer there. I do not have compiz in Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid 64 bit where I am currently running from but it may help.

You also may be able to disable desktop effects via System/Preferences/Appearance/Visual Effects.

Lostin60's
March 9th, 2009, 05:26 AM
Hi all,

I recently uninstalled Compiz-Fusion, and I can't seem to figure out how to reinstall the "basic" desktop settings (if I remember correctly it was in System > Preferences > Desktop Settings). I'm sure this is a really simple thing, but I can't seem to find anything about this online (guess it's too dumb a question even for the internet, lol!). Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Clippy

You might try reinstalling compiz--fusion along with the compiz-fusion icon.
then under apps>system click the com-fus icon. it will show up in you top pane. right click it and choose metacity. yhen uninstall compiz again
aa