PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] firefox

trinidadflores
March 9th, 2009, 01:01 AM
I know that i am mostlikely one of the last diehards that prefers the older version of Firefox mainly 2.0.0.20. Currently I am running version 3.0.7 and I hate it. I would much rather downgrade to version 2.0.0.20, but my problem is that i dont know how to install and compile the source code. I need help.

Trinidad

Simian Man
March 9th, 2009, 01:08 AM
Have you installed the "Oldbar" and "Firefox 2 theme for Firefox 3" extensions"? If so, then what reasons do you have for preferring the old version? Because there are probably extensions that will fix those problems.

trinidadflores
March 9th, 2009, 01:19 AM
Have you installed the "Oldbar" and "Firefox 2 theme for Firefox 3" extensions"? If so, then what reasons do you have for preferring the old version? Because there are probably extensions that will fix those problems.
I have an group of extensions that i use on firefox on my windows install all of which make browsing much easier when in firefox. for instance swift tabs and open tabs relative. They are not compatible with the newer versions of firefox. I am like an old dog that hates learning new tricks and for me that is the newer version of firefox.

Trinidad

Simian Man
March 9th, 2009, 01:30 AM
...open tabs relative. They are not compatible with the newer versions of firefox...

Open Tabs Relative (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1956) seems to be available for Firefox 3. I have heard ways of forcing Firefox 2 addons to work with Firefox 3, but I haven't tried them myself.

Neo_The_User
March 9th, 2009, 01:36 AM
there is a package in synaptic called firefox-2.0 or firefox2 or something (ubuntu always names packages stupid so you can only find it in synaptic) so dig through synaptic (another reason i'm going to be a package maintainer for Ubuntu.)

trinidadflores
March 9th, 2009, 02:01 AM
Never mind i figured out how to tweak the .xpi file to make it compatible with newer versions of fire fox. If you have any extensions that you liked from older versions email them to me at trinidad.flores@gmail.com and i will tweak them also for you or anyone else for that matter.

Trinidad