PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] xubuntu refuses to accept username/password during install

makhaucrazy
March 8th, 2009, 05:46 PM
my lenovo laptop has a configuration of 246MB RAM 1.6GHz intel Celeron processor and 20GB of hard disk space left after my first xp partition.

I tried to install xubuntu but after setting up the partition manually with 750 MB swap and 19GB under "\". However it gives an invalid username/password error in the login screen. Says it to be wrong. Then it logins with xubuntu as user and after displaying the main screen layout the system stops responding. It then only responds to Ctrl+Alt+Backspace where it returns to the login screen again refusing to accept my password. What to do?

taurus
March 8th, 2009, 05:48 PM
What username did you create?

You can boot into recovery mode from GRUB menu and get into the root shell. Then, you can change the password for that user with

passwd username
exit

makhaucrazy
March 8th, 2009, 05:55 PM
xubuntu does not install. It is during the installation that after entering my username and password the login screen appears. It is in this login screen that xubuntu refuses to accept my username/password. thus it logins as xubuntu and then stops responding. As a result I have to shut down the computer and neither the partitions are done and neither xubuntu is installed.

taurus
March 8th, 2009, 05:57 PM
What username did you use or try to create?

makhaucrazy
March 8th, 2009, 06:06 PM
username : ayush and password : ayush

taurus
March 8th, 2009, 06:21 PM
What filesystem did you tell the installer to format / to?

makhaucrazy
March 8th, 2009, 06:22 PM
:(

makhaucrazy
March 8th, 2009, 06:23 PM
ext3 for "\"

makhaucrazy
March 8th, 2009, 06:49 PM
can anyone help me out???

makhaucrazy
March 8th, 2009, 07:01 PM
What filesystem did you tell the installer to format / to?
can you help me out of this????
filesystem was ext3

makhaucrazy
March 8th, 2009, 07:14 PM
hello!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is anyone out there????????:(

taurus
March 8th, 2009, 07:15 PM
When you first boot Xubuntu LiveCD, did you run the check cd for defects to make sure the CD is good? Also while in Live, open a terminal and post the output of this command.

sudo fdisk -l

makhaucrazy
March 8th, 2009, 07:23 PM
I checked the cd for defects. How to access the terminal when my system hangs after logging into xubuntu and only responds to Ctrl+Alt+Backspace.

makhaucrazy
March 8th, 2009, 07:23 PM
cd has no defects

makhaucrazy
March 9th, 2009, 02:22 PM
the cd has no defects and plus the system hangs when it logs on to xubuntu with ubuntu as a user. Thus I cannot open the terminal on LIVE CD. I also tried yo change the session to run as terminal safe mode and on logging on to it once it showed some sort of crash. Then it hung up and I was unable to open the terminal. What to do ?

makhaucrazy
March 9th, 2009, 02:53 PM
????
What to do????

Neo_The_User
March 9th, 2009, 03:26 PM
What to do? Stop bumping this thread. As to your problem... :X I'm out. I never heard of anything like this.