PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Touchpad scrolling keeps gliding after I take my finger off...

Adamantus
March 8th, 2009, 05:13 PM
I'm running Hardy Heron on an HP with a Synaptics touchpad. I can use the scroll on the touchpad, but it has never worked quite right. With Windows. it would stop the second I took my finger off (stopped scrolling). With Ubuntu, if I scroll up fast enough (especially with tall pages), and take my finger off to stop at a certain point, the page will continue to scroll up for several seconds. This makes the scrolling pretty useless unless I do it really slowly. It seems like the scrolling is lagging behind how quickly I'm physically moving my finger up on the touchpad. I've tried playing around with several options in the text file (I forgot the name of the file, but it has all the synaptics configuration stuff in it), but nothing helped. I also installed gsynaptics with little effect. Is there any way to fix this?

Adamantus
March 17th, 2009, 12:38 AM
bump - still haven't found a solution

suzypeppercorn
March 17th, 2009, 07:49 PM
I'm on an HP dv6000 an i experience the same problems. I haven't found anything on it though.