PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Firefox 3.0.7 poll

lovinglinux
March 8th, 2009, 01:02 PM
There are several reports on the net about issues with Firefox 3.0.7 and some are starting to show up here. The update manger is already displaying the availability of new Firefox packages, so I'm wondering if I should install these updates or not.

I would like to know how many people are experiencing issues with Firefox 3.07 updates? This is the purpose of this poll.

wpshooter
March 8th, 2009, 03:48 PM
No, none so far.

Rallg
March 8th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Here on the Ubuntu forums, when 3.0.7 was first available as a download, several users reported problems. The complaints varied from how Flash worked (or didn't on certain sites, to problems with the FF window appearance, to outright inability to launch FF due to supposed dependency problems.

However, there were not as many complaints as one would expect if 3.0.7 had a general problem. After waiting a day, I installed 3.0.7 without any difficulty. No site I visit has shown a problem, but then I do not visit many sites that might be popular among other users.

When FF updates, it checks add-ons for compatibility. Perhaps some add-ons passed the test, but should have failed? I use Adblock, Flashblock, UnMHT, and Ubuntu Firefox Modifications, all without difficulty. Flash and Java work. 32-bit system.

lovinglinux
March 8th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the comments. I decided to do the upgrade and everything looks good for now.

HavocXphere
March 8th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Yes & No. The upgrade process itself was buggy as hell got a failed assert message and broken window behaviour.

Restarting FF cleared all the issues though and its been fine & stable since then. Its just the transition that was a bit flakey.