PDA

View Full Version : I need Verilog help

Takuhari
March 8th, 2009, 07:15 AM
I am writing a state that is second in the state machine.
(i'll call it, state2)

It will be in its own module.
The upper level (state1) will have 2 controls(on/off for each control)
and 2 results (on/off for each result)

State2 will gain the info from the controls, and feeds them in the lower level states with timer.
The other states will feed back into this state which then feeds the results in to state1.

I am new at verilog... so any help will help...
I am pretty good with the logic, but i'm not too sure on how the sintax is written.

Thanks

Zugzwang
March 8th, 2009, 02:01 PM
First of all, read the forum's policy about homework.

Second, Verilog is not used very often by the people around here. Chances are high that actually nobody can answer your question.

Third, I can only advise you to get a book from your local university library and learn! If you have problems with the syntax, copy&paste individual lines from example and adapt them to your needs.

Takuhari
March 9th, 2009, 12:58 AM
First of all, read the forum's policy about homework.

Second, Verilog is not used very often by the people around here. Chances are high that actually nobody can answer your question.

Third, I can only advise you to get a book from your local university library and learn! If you have problems with the syntax, copy&paste individual lines from example and adapt them to your needs.

Thanx..

cabalas
March 9th, 2009, 02:01 AM
first of all... dont talk to me as if you know me or even know what i am doing....

second of all I do have a book... and its not for school... just something im doing on my own time... just dont think the book i got was clear on this subject so i am asking for adviceㅡㅡ

Ok that came off as a bit harsh to me, I apologize if it wasn't meant to be but that's how I read it. Zugzwang looked like he was just trying to warn you before the powers the powers that be get to it. To be honest your question does kind of scream homework (which it should if it is based off of an exercise found in your book) sometimes it helps to explain your situation a bit when asking a question, without that there are certain assumptions that have to be made.

Good luck with the learning, I'm sorry I didn't offer any help with your question.

Takuhari
March 9th, 2009, 03:13 AM
ahhh... sorry to Zugzwang... i think i took it wrong...
i should rephrase the question>_<

Thank you