PDA

View Full Version : Any Good Photo Managers in Gnome

Iteria
March 8th, 2009, 05:39 AM
For weeks I've been search for a photo manager that I could use without the KDE libraries that would do what I thought were simple requests: photo tagging, photo searching and the ability to move my photos around the disk directly from the program.

I came across two KDE-based apps that would allow me to do these things, but nothing in gnome came close. Where's the photo managers in gnome?

kevin11951
March 8th, 2009, 06:14 AM
For weeks I've been search for a photo manager that I could use without the KDE libraries that would do what I thought were simple requests: photo tagging, photo searching and the ability to move my photos around the disk directly from the program.

I came across two KDE-based apps that would allow me to do these things, but nothing in gnome came close. Where's the photo managers in gnome?

gthumb?

zachtib
March 8th, 2009, 06:17 AM
f-spot?

Incense
March 8th, 2009, 06:49 AM
DigiKam is worth bringing in the KDE libs IMO. F-Spot is the gnome photo program though, and I'm pretty sure it does what you're describing. You could also grab Picasa from google. It's not "gnome" but it won't bring in KDE files.

metallicamike
March 8th, 2009, 06:58 AM
f-spot is good