PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a specific indexing app

k@e
March 7th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Firstly, I apologize if this is not the right forum to ask but the other subforums did not seem suitable for this kind of problem.

I am looking for a special file indexing application but it should not be limited to videos or pictures, like Picasa. It should index as many media types as possible (vids, pics, docs, audios, etc...). I have spotted several indexing apps on gnomefiles.org but most of them are also limited to one type and before I try one by one and get disappointed, I'd like some advice from the community.

Ideally, you feed it a folder which is scanned for media files. It is possible to filter the files shown by their type of media, e.g. only pictures. The files are displayed as thumbnails. It must have the ability to rate files and sort them according to their rating. Of course, you can double click a file to open it with the standart file viewer for that kind of media. Adding personal comments to a file would also be nice.

Preferably, it is a GTK+ app to look and feel native in GNOME. Thanks for any suggestions. Even if it does not exactly fit that description, feel free to give your opinion.