PDA

View Full Version : Finallyfast.com made me LOL...

linuxisevolution
March 7th, 2009, 09:18 PM
I can't stand the Windows oriented computer commercials anymore about people complaining about their computer being slow. I just want to grab the person by the neck and yell "THEN DON'T USE A COMPUTER!" or "GET LINUX!". :D

Ok, well maybe that's a little violent. But you have to admit, it's bad when someone starts making money from your product being so bad. :)

http://www.finallyfast.com

swoll1980
March 7th, 2009, 09:21 PM
I feel sorry for the clueless masses that flock to sites like this only to waste more of their hard earned money on useless crap.

gymophett
March 7th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Haha! I know, how ridiculous.

RiceMonster
March 7th, 2009, 10:06 PM
The commercials are hilarious. Recommended watching.

swoll1980
March 7th, 2009, 10:11 PM
The commercials are hilarious. Recommended watching.

MOM! My game isn't working, this internet connection is soooo slooow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111 111111oneoneone OMG :roll:

blastus
March 7th, 2009, 10:24 PM
That whole spectrum of software (register cleaners, optimizers, etc...) has turned into a cottage industry containing thousands of products. Every last one of those products are useless and a lot are downright malware.

Those products are pushed by shady marketers and affiliates who SPAM the entire Internet (including anything to do with posting) with bogus websites, articles, reviews, and videos about such software in an effort to find suckers who will buy their nonsense.

Chame_Wizard
March 7th, 2009, 10:25 PM
whahahaha :lolflag:

linuxisevolution
March 7th, 2009, 10:28 PM
And now I just saw a commercial for Windows. The whole commercial was some idiotic surfer "dude" talking about the economy, and at the end there was a completely random Microsoft logo.:lolflag::lolflag::lolflag:

kidux
March 7th, 2009, 10:30 PM
It never ceases to amaze me the crap that people think they need. And then companies being able to get away with selling what is blatent malware on T.V. no less. :D

jimi_hendrix
March 7th, 2009, 10:35 PM
i think theres one mac in that commercial too

jimi_hendrix
March 7th, 2009, 10:37 PM
And now I just saw a commercial for Windows. The whole commercial was some idiotic surfer "dude" talking about the economy, and at the end there was a completely random Microsoft logo.:lolflag::lolflag::lolflag:
it was about how microsoft tools were fast and allowed him to respond to the market

Kareeser
March 7th, 2009, 10:37 PM
LOL

I, too, LOVE the commercials.

Notable quote:
"My new computer started off fast. Really fast! But now it's only kinda fast..."

Or the poor sap who's using what's clearly a GMail spoof, except it's just called "EMail", which quickly blue screens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3YRBzz_4Hg

FinallyFast.com has a link to a scanner utility that installs a program... I'm tempted to run it in Wine and see what it says about Ubuntu 8.10 :)

CarpKing
March 7th, 2009, 10:49 PM
i think theres one mac in that commercial too

I noticed this too. IIRC it is in humorous proximity to the part where it says it's for Windows only.

swoll1980
March 7th, 2009, 10:53 PM
I noticed this too. IIRC it is in humorous proximity to the part where it says it's for Windows only.

Well you can install Windows on a mac, but in the disclaimer it says for PCs only. Either way it's ironic

xpod
March 7th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Aww...monkey says "no".

phaed
March 7th, 2009, 11:17 PM
I love how the web site has a logo for "Microsoft Certified Partner." In other words, Microsoft is admitting, yeah, our operating system is so crappy that you need these third parties to clean it up for you.

Vince4Amy
March 7th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Something similar, I hate these computer magazines which get advertised here sometimes which contain "Top Tips to Make your Computer run better" for example using Norton over a free AV like Avast!. And suggesting addons for IE (Most of them which make it work even worse).

I hate it sometimes when they say "No Technical Jargon", I know that you can't go too technical with people but they really need to stop sugarcoating the terms. People need to learn that their USB Flash Drive is not a Memory Sitck and that their computer is not "The Modem".

FuturePilot
March 7th, 2009, 11:25 PM
I saw one of their commercials once and I couldn't stop laughing. Apparently Macs are now vulnerable to BSODs now too! :lol:

blastus
March 8th, 2009, 12:02 AM
I installed ActiveSpeed in Windows XP in VirtualBox and tried a scan. It didn't appear to send or receive a single network packet even though the network was connected and I tried scanning several times.

I wonder what that "Black Hole Detection" test is? Every time you reboot it nags you to buy the application. :popcorn:

swoll1980
March 8th, 2009, 12:20 AM
I installed ActiveSpeed in Windows XP in VirtualBox and tried a scan. It didn't appear to send or receive a single network packet even though the network was connected and I tried scanning several times.

I wonder what that "Black Hole Detection" test is? Every time you reboot it nags you to buy the application. :popcorn:

The black hole is where your money goes, and then your dignity, soon after

Vince4Amy
March 8th, 2009, 12:26 AM
“ With ActiveSpeed, I could tell a dramatic difference in my Internet connection speed...All my friends will hear about ActiveSpeed!”

Wow they can change ISP settings, must be a real good program. What a scam, how do these people get away with such crap?

Kareeser
March 8th, 2009, 12:36 AM
Yeah, I mean.. did you SEE that download! Somehow, they caused the copper wiring in my house to go 200x faster!!

doorknob60
March 8th, 2009, 12:57 AM
"FinallFast.com is for PC Computers only" Last time I checked computers running Mac OS and Linux are still "Personal Computers" And all the fake things on the screen. A FF-ish looking error screen in IE, Gmail ripoff, a really weird arrow cursor on of of the pics. Just overall terrible commercial. Funny though. I see it on G4 a lot.

JECHO
March 8th, 2009, 01:05 AM
my computers fast! finally!! finally fast dot com!
hahaha

Crafty Kisses
March 8th, 2009, 01:56 AM
The black hole is where your money goes, and then your dignity, soon after

Ahahahahahah! Classic.

init1
March 8th, 2009, 02:37 AM
Yeah, it's a little annoying how many people complain to me about viruses and slow computers, even though they're unwilling to try Linux. I'm not trying to be a fanboy, I'm just saying that if it's not working for you, maybe you should try something else.

linuxisevolution
March 8th, 2009, 03:22 AM
What really bothers me is my 2 cousins ( 13 and 15 ) will not switch to linux even though on of their laptops takes around 15 minutes to boot and the other is infected with who-knows-what. All they do is AIM, MS Paint, Limewire, Myspace, and Youtube. Why do they need a vulnerable os to do all that? Linux Mint or Ubuntu would work fine, and they have amd dual cores with 1gb of ram. They won't switch because "it'll make everything different!", um, yeah, It won't suck anymore!!!:D

WatchingThePain
March 8th, 2009, 03:23 AM
Just like Fleas hitching a ride on Rats.

linuxisevolution
March 8th, 2009, 03:24 AM
Just like Fleas hitching a ride on Rats.

And then the rats hitching rides on cats.

Grant A.
March 8th, 2009, 03:39 AM
"FinallFast.com is for PC Computers only" Last time I checked computers running Mac OS and Linux are still "Personal Computers" And all the fake things on the screen. A FF-ish looking error screen in IE, Gmail ripoff, a really weird arrow cursor on of of the pics. Just overall terrible commercial. Funny though. I see it on G4 a lot.

Well, the term Personal Computer normally refers to IBM-compatible architectures, such as x86 and x86-64. Technically, computers running on the SPARC or PPC architecures, for example, aren't PCs.

phaed
March 8th, 2009, 04:43 AM
What really bothers me is my 2 cousins ( 13 and 15 ) will not switch to linux even though on of their laptops takes around 15 minutes to boot and the other is infected with who-knows-what... They won't switch because "it'll make everything different!"

You could try to convince them to dual boot. Maybe after the first few times the laptop boots in under a minute and they get used to the apps, they may make the switch full time.

metallicamike
March 8th, 2009, 04:45 AM
there is lol

metallicamike
March 8th, 2009, 04:46 AM
i was too slow :(
P.S. nice avatar phaed. i love that show

phaed
March 8th, 2009, 05:33 AM
Yep, great show. :)

kidux
March 8th, 2009, 07:12 AM
You could try to convince them to dual boot. Maybe after the first few times the laptop boots in under a minute and they get used to the apps, they may make the switch full time.
Or put Ubuntu on it, but make it all look like windows, even the apps they use, lol. I'm sure there's skins for all that stuff.

swoll1980
March 8th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Or put Ubuntu on it, but make it all look like windows, even the apps they use, lol. I'm sure there's skins for all that stuff.

You can make a gnome+compiz desktop look exactly identical to vista right down to the taskbar/start menu, areo glass, and effects, nautilus will look like explorer, firefox like ie7, the boot splash,and log in screen, you can even install vlc and make it look like wmp. I did this for fun , and people couldn't tell the difference.

Eisenwinter
March 8th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Just reading 2 sentences on that website made me want to lose my breakfast.

And it also made me laugh histerically.

Von-Dyke
March 8th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Just reading 2 sentences on that website made me want to lose my breakfast.

And it also made me laugh histerically.

Those same two sentances made me want to buy it...If only they'd port to linux...

But on a more serious note...If people actually pay hard earned money for something like that, then they deserve to lose it. People need to research what they buy, or better yet move to open source works.

Giant Speck
March 8th, 2009, 02:22 PM
LOL

I, too, LOVE the commercials.

Notable quote:
"My new computer started off fast. Really fast! But now it's only kinda fast..."

Or the poor sap who's using what's clearly a GMail spoof, except it's just called "EMail", which quickly blue screens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3YRBzz_4Hg

FinallyFast.com has a link to a scanner utility that installs a program... I'm tempted to run it in Wine and see what it says about Ubuntu 8.10 :)

The funniest part of the commercial is when it shows the error message when all the user did was move the cursor an inch to the left.

I checked the FinallyFast website and immediately got a red flag from my WOT addon.

There are just too many scam commercials out there now. Like the FreeCreditReport.com commercials. As professional as the commercials are, the service advertised is a scam.

Vince4Amy
March 8th, 2009, 02:30 PM
I like the way the error messages are that of Windows Classic and the system is clearly using the XP Theme Engine. If the application was to show an error which doesn't apply the XP themeing engine it would at least show the classic borders in the colour scheme and size of the XP Blue Theme not Windows 2k style.

linuxisevolution
March 8th, 2009, 06:25 PM
The best virus would be the one that automatically installs Linux :D

Kareeser
March 8th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Mmm... it wouldn't be too hard either.

Boot sector trojan that works off social engineering...

"Click here to speed up your computer! But make sure you back up all of your important documents onto a USB stick or hard drive first!"

hehehe...

linuxisevolution
March 8th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Mmm... it wouldn't be too hard either.

Boot sector trojan that works off social engineering...

"Click here to speed up your computer! But make sure you back up all of your important documents onto a USB stick or hard drive first!"

hehehe...

hehehehe:D

dragos240
March 8th, 2009, 07:30 PM
The best virus would be the one that automatically installs Linux :D

That would be the best program ever.

EDIT: Or even better, disguise gnome into looking like windows, and linux checking what version of windows it is ;)

linuxisevolution
March 8th, 2009, 07:35 PM
That would be the best program ever.

EDIT: Or even better, disguise gnome into looking like windows, and linux checking what version of windows it is ;)

LOL, and it would fit into a simple batch or shell script... Stop giving me ideas :D

damis648
March 8th, 2009, 07:50 PM
There is a whole bunch of these (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWF_U6fmmMs&NR=1) everywhere. :P

linuxisevolution
March 8th, 2009, 08:03 PM
There is a whole bunch of these (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWF_U6fmmMs&NR=1) everywhere. :P

Someone should call and ask why there isn't a Linux version ;)

linuxisevolution
March 8th, 2009, 08:08 PM
This video is funnier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In9jCKDcaf0&feature=related

EDIT: No, this is better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHvkSredCEo&NR=1

damis648
March 8th, 2009, 08:23 PM
This video is funnier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In9jCKDcaf0&feature=related

EDIT: No, this is better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHvkSredCEo&NR=1

Haha, both are great. :popcorn:

linuxisevolution
March 8th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Haha, both are great. :popcorn:

Oh, and after a few minutes this lady on finally fast says free software will give you a virus... So Linux is a virus? LOL..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQBsi-UT7zA&feature=related

linuxisevolution
March 8th, 2009, 08:27 PM
and I feel bad for this guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMmCujH8HvE&feature=related

damis648
March 8th, 2009, 08:37 PM
and I feel bad for this guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMmCujH8HvE&feature=related

I actually just watched that, and yes, I do too. :popcorn:

linuxisevolution
March 8th, 2009, 08:40 PM
I actually just watched that, and yes, I do too. :popcorn:

I want to call them now because they say it works with PC's only and not macs, but pc refers to IBM compatible ( intel x86) and mac now comes with that hard ware, and so does system76, so... Linux SHOULD be compatible. False advertising. I hate it.

damis648
March 8th, 2009, 08:44 PM
I want to call them now because they say it works with PC's only and not macs, but pc refers to IBM compatible ( intel x86) and mac now comes with that hard ware, and so does system76, so... Linux SHOULD be compatible. False advertising. I hate it.

Yeah, I in general hate "PC or Mac?".

emshains
March 8th, 2009, 09:11 PM
LOL, I'd like to ask about linux/wine compatibility, and how do they exactly speed up dial-up...

linuxisevolution
March 8th, 2009, 09:15 PM
LOL, I'd like to ask about linux/wine compatibility, and how do they exactly speed up dial-up...

I called and asked about linux, I'll post the recording in a little bit after I convert it to mp3 format. It's quite funny :D

linuxisevolution
March 8th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Here is my phone call with them.

http://98.219.177.90/apache2-default/linforum/forum/forum/myfiles/recordings/

TURN YOUR VOLUME ALL THE WAY UP. MY MICROPHONE IS NOT VERY LOUD.

EDIT: the mp3 version is not complete. Use the .ogg or .wav

swoll1980
March 8th, 2009, 09:59 PM
here is my phone call with them.

turn your volume all the way up. My microphone is not very loud.

Edit: The mp3 version is not complete. Use the .ogg or .wav

amazing!

Vince4Amy
March 8th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Apparently it works with Linux and it cleans up the registry files that's so funny.

linuxisevolution
March 8th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Apparently it works with Linux and it cleans up the registry files that's so funny.

And that's not all, It can make your 56k connection 375% faster, FASTER THAN THE MODEM CAN PHYSICALLY ALLOW!!!

So, 56k times 375% = 21mb dialup connection. That's faster than my broadband...

linuxisevolution
March 8th, 2009, 10:12 PM
I'm surprised more people are not interested in this thread..

kaldor
March 8th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Why are there people complaining about slow computers while they are running Windows XP on an iMac? :-k

linuxisevolution
March 8th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Why are there people complaining about slow computers while they are running Windows XP on an iMac? :-k

Because the whole thing is fake! lol..

halovivek
March 8th, 2009, 10:41 PM
This site has been marked as red in wot add on in firefox. please make sure you are safe.

linuxisevolution
March 8th, 2009, 10:48 PM
This site has been marked as red in wot add on in firefox. please make sure you are safe.

What does it say? How can it harm us?

swoll1980
March 8th, 2009, 10:50 PM

The wot addon is a virus muah ha ha ha :twisted:

emshains
March 8th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Wait, you said there were numbers ?

That is a killer phrase!
:lolflag: :lolflag: :lolflag: :lolflag: :lolflag: :lolflag:

linuxisevolution
March 8th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Wait, you said there were numbers ?

That is a killer phrase!
:lolflag: :lolflag: :lolflag: :lolflag: :lolflag: :lolflag:

What? What numbers?

kidux
March 8th, 2009, 11:26 PM

OMG that was funny as hell! "Well, C O N F I G files, right?" "Ok you're gonna have to call tech support for that."

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

linuxisevolution
March 8th, 2009, 11:30 PM
OMG that was funny as hell! "Well, C O N F I G files, right?" "Ok you're gonna have to call tech support for that."

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

"Plain text files, jpg?"

:D

damis648
March 8th, 2009, 11:37 PM

Very nice. :popcorn: These people have no idea what they're talking about. Nice server by the way.

linuxisevolution
March 8th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Very nice. :popcorn: These people have no idea what they're talking about. Nice server by the way.

THe server is 14 years old, thanks anyway :D

kevdog
March 8th, 2009, 11:50 PM

Wow -- I actually wanted to punch that guy! What I'm more amazed with is how long you actually let him trying to keep selling you something!

Good post -- I enjoyed it very much!

FuturePilot
March 8th, 2009, 11:50 PM

ROFL! Nice!
Apparently when you move files it leaves pieces of them behind. :o

Linux doesn't have a registry!? WHAT?

linuxisevolution
March 8th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Wow -- I actually wanted to punch that guy! What I'm more amazed with is how long you actually let him trying to keep selling you something!

Good post -- I enjoyed it very much!

Thanks!

damis648
March 8th, 2009, 11:54 PM
rofl! Nice!
Apparently when you move files it leaves pieces of them behind. :o

linux doesn't have a registry!? What?

:p:p:p

linuxisevolution
March 8th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Gnome has a registry.. But that's it..

yabbadabbadont
March 8th, 2009, 11:58 PM
I haven't listened to the recording yet. However, I hope you didn't record that in the US or, if you did, you notified them that you were doing so. Otherwise you may have inadvertently committed a felony...

linuxisevolution
March 8th, 2009, 11:59 PM
I haven't listened to the recording yet. However, I hope you didn't record that in the US or, if you did, you notified them that you were doing so. Otherwise you may have inadvertently committed a felony...

Who is felony? :lolflag:

No one cares..

damis648
March 9th, 2009, 12:00 AM

Go tell that to the 30+ people on youtube that did that. :popcorn:

linuxisevolution
March 9th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Go tell that to the 30+ people on youtube that did that. :popcorn:

lol

damis648
March 9th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Gnome has a registry.. But that's it..

Referring to gconf? Hardly a registry, it's still plain text. Besides, it doesn't contain thousands of useless keys that are constantly put there by all software.

linuxisevolution
March 9th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Referring to gconf? Hardly a registry, it's still plain text. Besides, it doesn't contain thousands of useless keys that are constantly put there by all software.

Useless keys? Sounds like my mom's keyring.

damis648
March 9th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Useless keys? Sounds like my mom's keyring.

Sounds like my house. We have a key cabinet in our mudroom full of keys... nobody has any idea what any of them are for. :popcorn:

linuxisevolution
March 9th, 2009, 12:10 AM
Sounds like my house. We have a key cabinet in our mudroom full of keys... nobody has any idea what any of them are for. :popcorn:

I would start randomly locking things.

Vince4Amy
March 9th, 2009, 12:29 AM
I wonder how many people have uninstalled good software utilities like Spybot S&D, or Zonealarms or Avast! etc for this piece of expensive crap?

linuxisevolution
March 9th, 2009, 12:35 AM
I wonder how many people have uninstalled good software utilities like Spybot S&D, or Zonealarms or Avast! etc for this piece of expensive crap?

I just installed Windows Vista to use solitaire and finallyfast, :lolflag:

xpod
March 9th, 2009, 12:55 AM

Congrats on staying so polite with him.

linuxisevolution
March 9th, 2009, 12:57 AM
Congrats on staying so polite with him.

Thanks... It was hard :)

damis648
March 9th, 2009, 12:58 AM
Thanks... It was hard :)

I can imagine... I wasn't even the one talking to him and I wanted to punch him in the face.:popcorn:

linuxisevolution
March 9th, 2009, 01:02 AM
I can imagine... I wasn't even the one talking to him and I wanted to punch him in the face.:popcorn:

Well it sounded like he knew his windoz stuff. Sorta feel bad for him...

swoll1980
March 9th, 2009, 01:05 AM
Well it sounded like he knew his windoz stuff. Sorta feel bad for him...

If he knew his Window stuff, he couldn't in good conscious, do his job.

damis648
March 9th, 2009, 01:10 AM

True, true, very true.

BGFG
March 9th, 2009, 01:13 AM
If you're stupid enough to buy it, someone is smart enough to sell it.

linuxisevolution
March 9th, 2009, 01:13 AM

Your correct, because I didn't buy the product:P

I'd like to listen to it again to see how many times he tried to get me to buy it..

linuxisevolution
March 9th, 2009, 01:27 AM
If you're stupid enough to buy it, someone is smart enough to sell it.

Well don't you feel smart?

I sure do :D

penguindrive
March 9th, 2009, 02:00 AM
Here is a guy pointing out errors in the commercial.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVw9m0o1MHY&feature=channel_page

linuxisevolution
March 9th, 2009, 02:01 AM
Here is a guy pointing out errors in the commercial.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVw9m0o1MHY&feature=channel_page

I saw it. I kinda wanted to punch him too though :P

Ms_Angel_D
March 9th, 2009, 02:25 AM

I'm not sure how old you are (I'm 33) but you sound kinda young, and the idea that you we're having to explain these things to that Obviously Grown man is cracking me up, You should seriously you tube this, my husband and I we're cracking up. When it got to the registry part I had to pause it because I was laughing so hard.

lol

linuxisevolution
March 9th, 2009, 02:31 AM
I'm not sure how old you are (I'm 33) but you sound kinda young, and the idea that you we're having to explain these things to that Obviously Grown man is cracking me up, You should seriously you tube this, my husband and I we're cracking up. When it got to the registry part I had to pause it because I was laughing so hard.

lol

I want to, but How do I make the sound a video? I'd like to add text..

Ms_Angel_D
March 9th, 2009, 03:35 AM
Umm I'm not sure I don't really do video editing, you should ask around though I'm sure somebody can help you.

Faolan84
March 9th, 2009, 03:39 AM
That entire commercial is a lie. There claims that they were mentioned on Forbes and Newsweek isn't true either. Google it. These guys should be in jail for fraud and false advertising.

Anyways, my dad used this on the his computer and it made things worse than they already were. My brother ended up fixing most of the damage but apparently there also some issues with the hard drive and I eventually had have then send me the computer and I fixed it myself.

Apparently Linux, "wasn't an option" so i added a list of known threat sites and adservers to the hosts file, added spybot and clamwin then locked down the system where all users were "limited users." except for an account called "FakeAdmin." After all the trouble I went through installing all that extra crap I could have installed Ubuntu or OpenSuSE in half the time and been done with it.

kaldor
March 9th, 2009, 05:06 AM

Rofl

Vince4Amy
March 9th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Umm I'm not sure I don't really do video editing, you should ask around though I'm sure somebody can help you.

Sure I will.

To make the video the First step would be to use Windows Movie Maker so I'd install Windows first because it doesn't run in WINE AFAIK. But remember after a while your computer won't run fast, it will only run "kinda fast", and you'll get BSODs by emailing people so install Finally Fast. Then you're all set to make the video.

Jokes aside install Kino on your Linux box I haven't used Ubuntu for years but I think it's sudo apt-get install kino it will allow you to add the sound and put text over any frames you like.

davidryder
March 9th, 2009, 12:16 PM
With ActiveSpeed my internet connection went from 15Mbit/s to 49Mbit/s!!! Thank you FinallyFast.com!

lololol the claims are hilarious. Internet speeds of up to 375% faster!!

Vince4Amy
March 9th, 2009, 12:18 PM
With ActiveSpeed my internet connection went from 15Mbit/s to 49Mbit/s!!!

Yeah it's awesome isn't it, the way that they can go to the ISP and make them change your settings and bandwidth, all from using one CD. These people must be so high up and amazing that they are allowed to do this.

davidryder
March 9th, 2009, 12:27 PM

What's funny about this is that on the FAQ site:

As long as you have Windows 95, 98, Me, NT, 2000, or XP, absolutely!

linuxisevolution
March 9th, 2009, 08:56 PM
What's funny about this is that on the FAQ site:

As long as you have Windows 95, 98, Me, NT, 2000, or XP, absolutely!

LOL I should try it on my 16mb 75mhz Windows 95 laptop. It runs very well and boots fast and never crashes, plus the only application installed is word. I wonder how many fake errors it will give me once it is installed?

cmat
March 9th, 2009, 09:13 PM
A Microsoft Certified Partner, we need other people to make our software usable. Sometimes I think they intentionally make their OS have issues so they can have their backs scratched by 3rd party vendors.

chris4585
March 9th, 2009, 09:23 PM
LOL I should try it on my 16mb 75mhz Windows 95 laptop. It runs very well and boots fast and never crashes, plus the only application installed is word. I wonder how many fake errors it will give me once it is installed?

Why? Finally fail is nothing more than a virus, why break a system that doesn't have errors and is fine? its your laptop, just stating it is a virus..

Giant Speck
March 9th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Why? Finally fail is nothing more than a virus, why break a system that doesn't have errors and is fine? its your laptop, just stating it is a virus..

I'm pretty sure he was joking.

chris4585
March 9th, 2009, 09:47 PM
I just didn't want him to screw it up for no reason, better safe then sorry.

linuxisevolution
March 9th, 2009, 10:10 PM
It's just Windows 95. I have nothing to worry about. If it crashes, I just reinstall it. And, I was joking about it though, the thing has no internet connection.

davidryder
March 10th, 2009, 12:55 AM
Registry cleaners should be avoided all together like the plague IMO. I tried one once and it deleted a key it shouldn't have. Didn't know enough about computers then to fix it :(

linuxisevolution
March 10th, 2009, 02:08 AM
Registry cleaners should be avoided all together like the plague IMO. I tried one once and it deleted a key it shouldn't have. Didn't know enough about computers then to fix it :(

My windows 2000 machine had 460 errors in it's registery... Soon after it would not boot bast the splash screen and simply told me I had a virus. I installed Ubuntu. :lolflag:

Faolan84
March 10th, 2009, 02:28 AM
FinallyFast.com stole my virginity.

linuxisevolution
March 10th, 2009, 02:45 AM
finallyfast.com stole my virginity.

rofl!!!!!!

linuxisevolution
March 10th, 2009, 03:44 AM
Finally fast makes me pay $30 a year, but I get some fun people to talk to on the phone, for free!!:D

phantom3113
March 10th, 2009, 04:23 AM
Originally Posted by linuxisevolution View Post

http://98.219.177.90/apache2-default...es/recordings/

That was Epic. I couldn't stop laughing for most of it! It's things like this that make me fear for future generations. However, I think the only way to debunk this would be to get a brand new laptop, and the first time you boot it up, run the finallyfail.com error checker or whatever and see what it finds. Oh, and you can't connect it to the internet at all either. :P