PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Top panel variances

dimitriv
March 7th, 2009, 09:08 PM
From what i've seen in most cases the top panel displays
i. [from the centre to right of screen] network/sound icons, weather/date/time, username/standby icon
ii. Help as a blue circle with white question mark & Standby as red/white standby icon

Just trying to understand how/why these are changing as I haven't intentionally changed them (and i want to change i. back)
i. new order of: sound icon, weather/date/time, username/standby icon, network icon (now on far right, seems to have it's own mini/sub/divided panel)
ii. Help as an orange Life ring/preserver & Standby as a green running man

thank you

thtrgremlin
March 7th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Sometimes my icons get screwed up by full screen programs that change the screen resolution to something very low. Directions in attachments.

dimitriv
March 7th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Sometimes my icons get screwed up by full screen programs that change the screen resolution to something very low. Directions in attachments.

thtrgremlin, you are a legend. Thank you very much for explaining and providing screen shots. i'm now able to reorder the icons. the username/standby section remains unusually wide (haven't been able to reduce size but it doesn't matter, i'm sure i'll correct it later).

Cheers