PDA

View Full Version : I have some Suggestions for the ubuntu devs

bigbrovar
March 7th, 2009, 08:35 PM
I really appreciate all that you guys are doing. i have been an ubuntu user for amost 2 years now. and i cant imaging using anything else.

With the coming of jaunty. i would like to suggest that effort be put into fixing the sound problem which is affecting many users since the introduction of pulse audio in hardy. it has really made my (and that of many others) computer experience very frustrating. I got a dell laptop (pre installed with ubuntu) at great expense since there dont sell them in my country. and its a shame that after upgrading to intrepid. i have been unable to use my internal mic. it just doesn't work no matter what i do. hence i had to rely on my nokia n810 for skype calls. i appreciate and look forward to the features that would be part of jaunty. but as you would know there is no joy in booting into a desktop in 20 secs only for basic things like sound recording and making sype calls to be impossible. it is my wish (and that of many others) that this sound issue is fixed once and for all. sorry if this felt like a rant. i just wanted to express something that has been bothering me.

oldos2er
March 7th, 2009, 08:45 PM
You might want to post your ideas here: http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/