PDA

View Full Version : Do you do any martial arts?

joshdudeha
March 7th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Just wondering if anyone does it here?

I do thai boxing, or Muay Thai (:
http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_Boxing

its really good man

wolfen69
March 7th, 2009, 07:06 PM
i do Ubuntu Kung-Fu!

joshdudeha
March 7th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Ah sweet ;)
I think I might learn that, aha

Naiki Muliaina
March 7th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Kung fu and tai chi chuan.

I must confess, i am not versed in the Ubuntu form of kung fu. I must study and meditate on this tome of wisdom....

http://www.ubuntukungfu.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/ktuk.jpg

K7522
March 7th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Jujutsu, Judo, Karate, Jeet Kune Do, MCMAP

Your body is the only physical thing you truly have in life, everything else can be taken away.

Arkenzor
March 7th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Always been interested, never done anything. Guess that makes me just another lame guy.

I'm an 8th Dan at console-jutsu though :P.

swoll1980
March 7th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Always been interested, never done anything. Guess that makes me just another lame guy.

I'm a 6th Dan at console-jutsu though :P.

Not knowing martial arts doesn't make you lame, some people have different interest than others, that's all

Tews
March 7th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Brazillian Jujitsu and Kempo, but Ive really slowed downn it the last few years..

Naiki Muliaina
March 7th, 2009, 08:47 PM

I'm an 8th Dan at console-jutsu though :P.

Not knowing a martial art doesnt make you lame ^^

gnomeuser
March 7th, 2009, 08:53 PM
I really want to learn capoeira when I get in better shape. It always looked like it would be a good experience, plus I am engaged to a brazilian and I try to absorb as much as I can of her culture. I know she will miss a lot of things when she comes to Denmark to live, hopefully next year.

Ubuntu hacker MacSlow doing a bit of flipping at GUADEC 2006 (http://macslow.thepimp.net/clips/flipping-at-guadec2006.ogg)

reyfer
March 7th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Aikido, and lately Sports Chanbara
http://www.samuraisports.com/chanbara/index.html
http://www.internationalsportschanbara.net/e/

Hallvor
March 7th, 2009, 09:53 PM
I`ve done several over the years; karate, tae kwon-do, kickboxing, ju jitsu, and now muay thai.

davec64
March 7th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Escrima, Tai Chi, Karate, Jujitsu & Kick boxing.

Not so much these days the family/kids/work prevent me! I look back and at one point I was training 7 times a week, I was so fit!

Where's it gone?!?!?!?!

cmay
March 7th, 2009, 10:10 PM
i do Ubuntu Kung-Fu!
so judo that too ?
i use my googlefoo everyday :)

kaldor
March 7th, 2009, 10:47 PM
I started Kempo Karate when I was 9. I then moved away to Ottawa for a year and was amazed at this dojo I found that taught a mixture of Japanese styles of Karate; mainly shotokan. I then moved back home to Newfoundland where I found nothing worthwhile (we have nothing good here :( ).

Just recently I started to think back to my martial arts days and decided to try out a Tae-kwon-do school. I quit a month later after seeing it was one of those gimme-money-and-you-get-your-blackbelt schools.

How I miss it :(

koshatnik
March 7th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Chow Gar Tong Long for about 12 years.

Ub1476
March 7th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Kung Fu. My coach is from Shaolin in China. :D

Naiki Muliaina
March 7th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Escrima

Always wanted to give that one a go, never had time, and barely have time for what i do now :(

sambita
March 8th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Tae kwon do, muay thai, and now kickboxing. Muay thai being the best by far, i loved it, as soon as my teacher has the time to train me again ill get back to it,

joshdudeha
March 8th, 2009, 09:27 AM
I really love Muay Thai.
I have been doing it since last July, and it has given me so much confidence in myself.
Also, my Kru is really helpful, and if I remember correctly, fought for GB in competitions.

A few more months of training, and I should be able to enter fights ; D

chucky chuckaluck
March 8th, 2009, 11:33 AM
scram fu for self defense.

momist
March 8th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Interested to see a few mentions of Tai Chi Chuan here. I was injured in Jitsu (BFJ) through taking it up when too old and too slow to learn properly. After regaining the use of my arm, I migrated to Tai Chi and have been slowly progressing for eight years now.

It does not matter which path you choose. All are a route to the same summit. What matters is whether the teacher knows the way.

loell
March 8th, 2009, 01:50 PM
basic arnis, not sure if its martial art when you're already holding a stick. :D

rasmus91
March 11th, 2009, 10:48 AM
TAE-KWON-DO FTW

I LOVE Tae-kwon-do, Im only second lowest degree, But i like that its required to join a Tae-Kwon-Do fighting competition to graduate any higher than orange belt. (i might say i like fighting :D ) Also we can get curses in fighting with nunchagos (not sure how to spell) And Bo-staffs, swords etc.

I also like all the kicking (like "Doljo chagi's" thats round house kicks) and punching (fast punching, in 10 seconds i can do 37 full power punches) we do. And that its one of the oldest Martial arts to exist this day.

Zero Prime
March 11th, 2009, 11:42 AM
7 Star Praying Mantis Kung Fu while I was in the Navy and Isshin-ryū was the first form I studied.